cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with rear view monitor

Lonestar50
Explorer
Explorer
Class A has two monitors/screens. First one continuously shows rear view. Second shows other media, (radio etc.) but switches to rear view when in reverse. The first monitor just stopped showing the rear view picture and now only shows a DVD screen. Second monitor is still working fine, and shows rear view when in reverse, so the problem is not with the camera. Did I inadvertently change a setting? Could it be a wiring issue? Need help.
2 REPLIES 2

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
Also look for a loose connection. I dismantled my camera installation when it stopped working, only to find that one of the connections had come loose in the back of the monitor. Spent a couple hours trying to fix something that required 30 seconds! I learned to look for the simplest explanation first before "going to the dark place," as DW would say.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you changed a setting to DVD.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.