cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CoPilot RV GPS Navigation App

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I just got an email from FMCA advertising this app. I did a search on here to see what was said about it, but what I found was in computer speak which I don't understand. Has anyone tried this app?
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"
18 REPLIES 18

OldF__t
Explorer
Explorer
mike2wheels wrote:
I've used the RV version for a couple of day trips. I wrote to their technical support about the RV dimension restrictions. They responded that they would correct them only if they saw complaints on their forum. I think their POI database lacks RV-specific sites, like RV parks and campgrounds.

You can add any number of custom POI's from sites such as POI Factory to CoPilot.
Jim
2021 Grand Design 303RLS
2019 Ford F350 DRW LB CC

mike2wheels
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the RV version for a couple of day trips. I wrote to their technical support about the RV dimension restrictions. They responded that they would correct them only if they saw complaints on their forum. I think their POI database lacks RV-specific sites, like RV parks and campgrounds.
2005 Honda Gold Wing
2006 HR Endeavor 40PAQ

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
In the RV (and truck) version, 13'-6" in the maximum height. I've verified that in my own app and you can read it here: https://support.copilotgps.com/en/support/solutions/articles/19000046152-copilot-rv-caravan-vs-rv-caravan-mode-in-copilot-gps-premium-and-truck-apps
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
In reading the co-pilot specs it states 13 foot max length and 26,000# max weight.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
TCI wrote:
I just downloaded the copilot app and set the preference for RV. We have a 13.6 height montana. As far as I can see, the app only lets you input 13 as a max height. We've been in the keys for 7 months and hitting the road again next week. Let me know if there is a way to input the correct height. Thanks all.

You must be using the RV profile within the cheaper car navigation software. The more expensive RV app supports the heights you need.

TCI
Explorer
Explorer
I just downloaded the copilot app and set the preference for RV. We have a 13.6 height montana. As far as I can see, the app only lets you input 13 as a max height. We've been in the keys for 7 months and hitting the road again next week. Let me know if there is a way to input the correct height. Thanks all.
2015 31ft Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel w/3 slides
2015 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 Short Bed Diesel Crew Cab
1 Cat
Fulltiming since Oct 06 - Sold the Stick House

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer I used CoPilot RV on a 3200 mile trip. I wrote about my experience on my personal blog: https://jkcarp.blogspot.com/2016/07/3200-miles-with-copilot-rv-its-best-of.html

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your replies!
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Used the Co=Pilot app on my Samsung tablet last year for the first time on a 3500 mile trip and it was great. Bought a mount for the tablet at 5-Below and mounted it on the wall beside the drivers seat. Perfect!

Nice thing about it is you can preplan trips and load them up as needed.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Got that email yesterday also and looked at the info.

Nothing works as well as old Streets and Trips (IMHO) because all of the other systems I have tried are binary when it comes to routing: avoid major highways (Interstates) on/off. If you click ON, it will route you all over the place to avoid even a small stretch of Interstate. It will send you through a major city to avoid the beltway around that city.

S&T had a slider that you could adjust to how much you liked/disliked a type of road and this eliminated a lot of the ridiculous routing. It is no issue if you stay on Interstates. We like old back roads like US 17/301/1.

My question: does this system force you to chose one or the other?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

jpmihalk
Explorer
Explorer
We also have been using CoPilot for RV for a few years now on both phone and tablet. We have it tweaked just the way we want it and it has kept us off of some dirt roads and other places we definitely would have been in trouble on as well as avoided low clearances, etc. We tried several other GPS solution before CoPilot and settled on it as the best available.
John & Kerri
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Annabelle

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

As a fulltimers Co-pilot is our go to app. I gave up on Garman years ago and started with Co-pilot basic app, then the trucker app and now using the RV app.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have it on my Iphone and my Ipad and have been using it for about 3 years. After spending a small fortune on previous Garmin Gps's and faced with spending another $400 for another RV specific one I figured I would try the Copilot app, for $6.99 you can't go wrong. I would not go back to another Garmin. It avoids low bridges and propane restricted tunnels.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man has it down, on my phone and my tablet. No phone signal no problem.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado