cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A pulling a TT ???

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
On I-75 in Florida we saw a Class A pulling a TT. I've never seen it before and I wondered if anyone else had seen this done? Seems like it would be a great in-law suite.

It was heading south, so I guess it could have been a delivery for a dealer.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
21 REPLIES 21

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
ryegatevt wrote:
Several CGs we've stayed at have a "One camping unit per each site" rule.

The family I mentioned above had two adjoining sites.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bumpyroad wrote:
gbopp wrote:
kerrlakeroo wrote:
Trying to inject a little humor Bump.

I thought you meant your DW would drive the motor home with the kids and you would sit in the TT and drink beer while rolling down the road. :B

now that sounds like a plan
bumpy

I thought that's why people bought As or Cs. So you didn't need to pack a cooler. Just put the cruise control on and quick run back and grab a cold one! (Or get the kids to get it so you keep yer eyes on the road)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
kerrlakeroo wrote:
Trying to inject a little humor Bump.

I thought you meant your DW would drive the motor home with the kids and you would sit in the TT and drink beer while rolling down the road. :B

I have towed my TT home with my pickup truck with a couple of drinking people riding in the TT. It is not against the law here and there was no other way else I could do it. I wasn't happy about it but, I had to get them home and it was the only legal way.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wowens79 wrote:
ryegatevt wrote:

You would need 2 campsites, but I think it would be great for a large family, or extended family. There are a couple of COE campgrounds close to me that have a few double sites set up for 2 units. They are a little less than 2 sites, but they share an entrance, and common area between the sites.

In my area many of the local parks would let you put two units on the same site. But, you have to pay the same price for both units .

After all, Why Not? They are getting twice the money for one spot.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Living a couple miles from a Flying J off I-95, 29 miles north of the GA - FL border, we see all types of setups. Truck Campers pulling a TT. Pickups towing a 5th wheel towing a utility trailer with a Golf Cart or the second tow might be a boat. Saw an interesting one Sunday. It was a Peterbilt tractor with a large sleeper. Matted to the sleeper was an old travel trailer sitting on the back half of the tractor. It was a small TT though and there was no overhand.

When we first bought our MH, we did not trade in our HTT. While we were trying to sell the HTT, I moved it around the storage yard with the MH. I don't think I'd be comfortable at highway speeds though.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
ryegatevt wrote:

You would need 2 campsites, but I think it would be great for a large family, or extended family. There are a couple of COE campgrounds close to me that have a few double sites set up for 2 units. They are a little less than 2 sites, but they share an entrance, and common area between the sites.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
kerrlakeroo wrote:
Thats one way to keep the kids from driving you nuts while your driving.

I would have issues with having kids in the trailer being towed.
bumpy

I suspect he was joking.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"I would have issues with having kids in the trailer being towed"

Why, Bumpy? No internet?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There was a family of eight that was staying in one park we visited last winter with that setup. The older kids slept in the 16-18' TT, while the adults and younger kids stayed in the motorhome.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I see Diesel Class A MH's pulling large cargo trailers all the time. Same as a TT actually probably heavier.

I used to pull a 2 place slant load horse trailer with my MH. Horses included!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
slightly off topic, I always sort of wanted a B van towing a small TT. 40 ft of RV in two units. drop the TT off at the campground and tour in the B van.
bumpy

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Always wanted to borrow a teardrop trailer and get a picture of it behind my motorhome with the caption mother-in-law suite.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen motorhomes towing trailers as workspace. One had a photo studio in the trailer and the other was a private office to meet clients.