Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 190P battery isolator

Ran
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

I haven't posted here for a while, but I'm wondering if some of you fellow Roadtrek 190P owners might be able to help me. I'm about to install the third Tripp Lite 750w inverter/charger in my coach (under warranty). The original one quit charging, and now the replacement unit they shipped to me 16 months ago has developed the same issue. The inverter works great; the charger just plain doesn't charge, so RT is sending me yet another one.

One thing I noticed today while I was diagnosing the problem is that I can hear periodically the battery isolator (separator) under the hood 'clunking.' In fact, I now have a remote charger on the coach batteries, and when I remove and replace the alligator clamps, I can hear the isolator relay opening and closing. The isolator is closing and opening randomly too. The nearest RT dealer is a long ways from me, so I'm trying to fix this issue myself before I go through the hassle of dealer with a dealer..

Thank you in advance for any advice you might have for me..
Randy & Sue
2015 Roadtrek 190 Popular
3 REPLIES 3

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a shorted cell.

Ran
Explorer
Explorer
I found the culprit today. One of the 6v coach batteries was only showing 4.7v. The other one was perfectly good, but I replaced both of them today, and things seem to be working as intended. I'm a little disappointed that the OEM batteries lasted such a short time.
Randy & Sue
2015 Roadtrek 190 Popular

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would measure the actuating voltage at the isolator. Is it switching on its own or is it being told to switch.