cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV/Trucker GPS Apps

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up our new fifthwheel next week and it's going to be at or over the 13' mark, will be measuring once it's here. I have an older GPS but we prefer to use our phones as its just easier for us. Also some Apps are free which is nice compared to upgrading or purchasing a new GPS. I'd rather pay a couple dollars and get something right though if there are better solutions. Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad?
4 REPLIES 4

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
Just a note that while the CoPilot car app can be used in RV mode for height of 13'-6" it won't take weight, length or other dimensions into account. You need the RV version for that.
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to measure height when it's hooked up.

I have the Rand Mcnally Trucker's Atlas. It shows all highways that are safe for a semi - 13'6". They're shown in yellow so it's easy to plan your route. I have the one with laminated pages so I can use a dry erase pen. Also handy is that it contains a state by state listing of the underpasses that are below the minimum - Texas is the winner here.

I picked up the atlas at a Love's. There are 2 versions - laminated pages and non-laminated.

I also have the Allstays Low Clearances app on my phone.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
CoPilot RV app. Very pleased with it. They did have a special going last time I looked that gave free live traffic for one year. After a year you have to pay a subscription for the live traffic.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I use Co-pilot RV gps app. If your under 13' the premium app will due, but if your over you will need the RV one.

Co-pilot RV

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon