cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up Camper Bathroom Mod

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
My dear wife stopped camping 3 years ago because she found it gross and disgusting to use the porta potti in front of the food preparation area.

In an effort to get her camping again, I added a "bathroom" to my Jayco pop-up. The toilet is as far from the cooking area as one can get in a seven foot camper --- 3 feet, 3 inches. The "bathroom" is separated from the kitchen by a wrap around shower curtain, and, has a new Fantastic Fan Vent on the bathroom side of the shower curtain.

Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm
14 REPLIES 14

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
Good creative idea.
I will second the idea of a shower tent.
But if you plan to also use it for showering (that's what we use ours for), be sure to get one that is wide enough. The one's they sell at Walmart taper toward the top and give less room to shower in. Try to get one that doesn't taper. Below are photos of both - what not to get, and what to get.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Good job...that should help some. I had the same issue with my wife so I re-modeled ours into this......:)

LOL!!Very nice.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Good luck with that! Maybe in the last 3 years she's really been trying to tell you she wants a bigger camper!

Lol... Give you an A for effort. Time for a bigger camper!

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchman Sport... that and another $30,000 on a larger truck!!!
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
I'd still consider a shower tent to use outside. Maybe she'll like that.
2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Phew! that was close! Just saved yourself $15,000 or more on a new camper!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
whizbang wrote:
Okay. It worked folks. WE are camping the second week of May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end justifies the means. Congrats! 🙂

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
Okay. It worked folks. WE are camping the second week of May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Whizbang.. Look at it this way. If she wants a cold beverage while using the throne, it's close. I see where the Fantastic Fan went....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
We used one of these when we had our PUP!

My wife wants one. Not to poop in but to shower in. I had to buy a new popup with a full wet bath...for her, not me. She hasn't been camping yet, with me so the wet bath is still a virgin. Hope it works when the time comes....lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
We used one of these when we had our PUP!

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree with your wife. Not to mention the complete lack of privacy. There are some things a woman wants to do without an audience.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Good job...that should help some. I had the same issue with my wife so I re-modeled ours into this......:)

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with that! Maybe in the last 3 years she's really been trying to tell you she wants a bigger camper!