cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leak under my fifth wheel RV

Jefitz18
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently bought a 2006 montana 5th wheel and I noticed I had horrible water pressure. The water filter was brand new and clean but the water regulator on it was clogged. The water pressure from the hose by itself was good but not enough to burst a pipe so, i took off the regulator. A few hours later, I have a leak under my RV on the passenger side. Im not sure where it's coming from. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I always use a pressure regulator.

Even if you measure the pressure and it is OK during the day during at night when no one is using water I have found in some RV courts the pressure can get into the 100 psi range.

Most notably in Yuma Arizona.

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently the water pressure WAS high enough to make something leak. I keep a pressure gauge handy to measure before connecting without a regulator.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could it be your fresh water tank over flowing?? Caused by leaking water pump check valve.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Jefitz18 wrote:
I just recently bought a 2006 montana 5th wheel and I noticed I had horrible water pressure. The water filter was brand new and clean but the water regulator on it was clogged. The water pressure from the hose by itself was good but not enough to burst a pipe so, i took off the regulator. A few hours later, I have a leak under my RV on the passenger side. Im not sure where it's coming from. Any ideas?

Inside your basement, take the wall out where your water pump is located. Look for a water line that a clamp has come off, reconnect, job done. I am not aware of any water lines on the passenger side of the trailer.