cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010? Workhorse chassis - wipers stop working

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, we have a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open road on a WH chassis, I think the chassis is a 2010. Wipers will stop after about 5 min on intermittent or low... I can get them to move again using high. Then if I turn off for awhile, usually they will work again in the lower settings.

I went back and forth with tiffin service a few times and tested a couple things, they said the module. Replaced that, still have problems.

I guess it's the motor next, but not sure? Even if so I'm wondering how to test it...
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube
3 REPLIES 3

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape - thanks for outlining it that way to me. Makes sense.

I stopped by the RV yesterday and found I have 5 wires off of the motor. Red/pink, black, blue, green, yellow. No idea what they are. I guess I'll start probing and see what does / doesn't work when things stop.

garyemunson - yes it's a wiper / turn switch combo. Looks like standard GM issue. I'll have to look up how to test it if possible.
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Is your wiper switch part of the turn signal switch? If so, I'd suspect it.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Can you locate the wiring between the control module and motor? I expect 3 wires; ground, low speed, high speed. Testing voltage should identify which is which. See if you have 12v between low speed and ground when running... then do you still have that voltage when they quit?

Test nearest the motor first. Power there and no go means bad motor.

If no power at motor check where exiting control. No power there = bad module or bad control switch, something upstream.

If power leaves module but does not get to the motor, then bad wiring in between. It's not uncommon to have a loose connection somewhere. Loose means heating up under load; separates, stops. Cools down and works again.

Good luck!
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...