cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cherokee lite 18dd

awakeman
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks, I'm new to rving and just purchased a 2008 Cherokee lite 18dd travel trailer. The lady I bought it from only had it for a year and didn't know much about it.

I'm trying to find manuals for it as I have a couple of small issues.

inside the door there is a light switch panel with 2 switches on it. One turns on the outside light and one the ceiling light. The second is much a larger house style (decora style) switch I have no idea what this switch does.

My second issue is the ac unit fan blows but does not seem to cut in the motor so i'll be looking at this. I have also put a meter on the 30a line and noticed that there is no difference in power draw when switching from the fan to ac modes. I'm hoping its just an electric problem, or perhaps low on refridgerant.

Any ideas as to where I could find either owners manuals or ac information on this unit would be very helpful.

thanks
Alan
3 REPLIES 3

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Double post

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a outlet by the awning for awning lights, the switch should be for that.

As previous poster said you can get the manuals online from respective mfg.

A lot of times it's cheaper to replace a A/C unit then to fix it.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!

Sorry there is no owners manua other than some printed up stuff like how to level the trailer and generic things like that. The only things my previous new trailers came with were the manuals for all the appliances and anything the manuf buys from outside sources. The light switch sounds like an add on by a previous owner. Neither my 05 Cherokee or my 07 has a house type switch. That will be a task to figure it out.

As far as the A/C, my best guess is that it is low or empty on refrigerant. They are a sealed system with no provision for recharging. However a good A/C guy can splice in a charger port and inspect for a leak and hen recharge it after fixing it. My neighbor who does commercial A/C did this for my old Award TT and it worked perfect after that.

As far as the AC you should be able to go to the manuf website and download a owners manual and install manual.

Good luck with the new trailer.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!