cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide not working

coachjeff
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Keystone Passport, last fall on the last trip went to put the slide out and something popped and it went out, it came back in when done for the weekend. Tried to open it at home with no luck. The motor starts and the slide moves a bit but then stops. I can still hear the motor humming but it will not go out. Any suggestions? Could a cable be off the pulley (it is the cable system)
Me, Wife, 4 kids and a dog
2016 Surveyor 265RLDS
2012 Chevy 3/4 Ton Suburban 4 wheel drive.
6 REPLIES 6

coachjeff
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE, So I am guessing over time the slide moved back enough that the bracket for the cable was catching on the outside trim and would not let it open. So with a pry bar and a block slid it to the front of the trailer a bit and all works great!!!! Fixed it on Saturday and got a newer trailer Sunday!
Me, Wife, 4 kids and a dog
2016 Surveyor 265RLDS
2012 Chevy 3/4 Ton Suburban 4 wheel drive.

flintsters
Explorer
Explorer
I had something similar happen to me last summer. After all kinds of angst I was able determine that the bolts holding the slide motor came loose and the motor was just spinning in place. I was only able to figure this out with me peering under the couch and my wife pushing the button in and out. An easy fix but unnerving. Hopefully your fix is as cheap and easy.
2012 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L
2015 Chevy 2500 Duramax

HouseApe
Explorer
Explorer
If it's the cable system you can push it out if the cables are not broken.
You'll need someone to hold the switch and then two people to push it out (one on each side)
The service manual is here

Could also be a broken gearbox.
2014 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins
2017 Open Range Roamer 310BHS

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

If the gears are moving but the slide is not, might be something as simple as a shear pin. Easy to replace just a pain.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Below my slide I could look and see if the gears were lined up, or at least why it wasn't extending - while my wife would be at the switch.

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
My first thought is something got jammed some where. I would look around the slide for anything weird. Other thought is the motor is on its last leg.

You could try the manual method for opening\closing the slide if your RV has it.
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....