pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
FIOS is for stationary installations.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Verizon Fios is a bundled Internet, telephone, and television service that operates over a fiber-optic communications network.

Dutch has the best answer.
Verizon offers Fiber Optic Service in select large metro areas in New England and the mid-Atlantic states.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Verizon is practically giving FIOS away in New England... 1 gigabit connection for $70 a month. That's roughly half what they're charging the rest of the country... only $5 more than I'm paying for 0.06 gigabits through Spectrum.

And both are completely useless for mobile Internet...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon is practically giving FIOS away in New England... 1 gigabit connection for $70 a month. That's roughly half what they're charging the rest of the country... only $5 more than I'm paying for 0.06 gigabits through Spectrum.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon Fios is a bundled Internet, telephone, and television service that operates over a fiber-optic communications network.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I doubt FIOS is coming into the house via cellular. It's more likely a cable, fiber or DSL connection. None of these would be usable away from home.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
BTW its FIOS
Your high speed internet is going to be over a 3G or 4G wireless network. Good enough for reading email surfing the web, and MAYBE stream a mpvie. But the cost of cell based data is going to be prohivitive. What is your intent for FIOS?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, unless it also allows you to access Verizon hotspots (if they have such a thing) and you happen to be close enough to one of those hotspots to allow a connection to your computer.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?