cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rooftop AC Units

rrt74
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 40' fifth wheel with two older model rooftop AC units, but of them needs to be replaced. Any make & model recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are full-timers and reside in Florida, so we are in need of a unit that cools exceptionally well.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

rrt74
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
No make or model suggestions unless your units are Carrier Air V's
IF they are carrier Air V's. and IF YOU CAN GET THE ADAPTER KITS

Coleman makes a replacement rooftop unit that can be adapted to your existing controls (So does Advent Air but I have one of each and like the Coleman better)

This way you change NOTHING inside the RV.

Big if on the adapt-a-kit however.

Otherwise.. Most of them are more or less equivlent though Advent Air is made in China and is a witch when it comes to preventive maintenance.. I've not yet PM'ed my Coleman (it's too new) but from the exterior design I think it's going to be way easier.

On the Carrier.. when I went to clean the condenser every spring/fall.. I removed screws and other connectors

On the advent air I have to remove metal tape and bend tabs.. at least till I get around to screwing it......... together (Next cleaning more than likely) .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should be able to order the same thing/size online and will probably find them a lot cheaper than buying them from an rv place, unless they are on sale. Our previous co-hosts wanted to add a 2nd A/C to their already pre-wired bedroom. Dealer wanted $1,200 --- purchased exact same online for $500 and had mobile rv tech install. That was a couple hundred, so still saved around $500. If you are handy, maybe you can re-install replacements yourself.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RVing
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox