cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Router for Campground WiFi & Verizon Wireless??

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we're in a campground in Page AZ where both the campground wifi and Verizon wireless signals are just barely useable from our MH and that got me to thinking about a router I read about a while back that, IIRC, will connect to a park's wifi as well as a cellular data signal for use in an RV. am I hallucinating or does such a product exist?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A router will not address a weak WiFi or a weak Cellular signal so if that's what you hope to improve you will need some device the adds an external antenna to the roof, pole or ladder.
For campground WiFi you can do an inexpensive set for less than $100 but it won't help cellular. There are also cellular antenna/amp setups (Wilson Cradle is very popular) that will help with that side. They are very different signals and require different types of antenna for reception. If this helps, let us know what you would like to do to help with your signal reception.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Pepwave BR-1 and two BoatANTs to do exactly what you want. Works great. Note that anything worth fooling with isn't going to be inexpensive.
-jbh-

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If the campground WIFI sucks to begin with, you're not going to do anything to improve it by adding more devices to it.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
WiFiRanger
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Both our Cradlepoint and Pepwave routers will "failover" from WiFi to cell or vice versa as needed.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MrWizard
i believe their are several
i think 'cradle point' and asus have some models that do this

cradle point used to be mentioned on here quite a bit
how ever if you have a poor cellular signal for the phone or hot spot
you need either an eternal antenna or a cell phone booster aka "amplifier'

some of us use the wilson/WeBoost 'sleek' model
its an amplifying cradle with external antenna, place phone or hotspot in the cradle to increase cellular signal strength
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s