cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote security lights

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Something new for home lighting. Don't think it would go over too well in campgrounds though.

Remote lights

I have the basic single light and it works as advertized.

Single light
7 REPLIES 7

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know that I would need them for my travel trailer but they would be nice to have at the house. I may have to pick up a few to try.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using motion detection lights with sensors on both sides of my POPUP trailer for years. I also have a pocket FOB for them as well...

Never been a camp ground problem for me... We most of the time are camping off-road somewhere however...

My system just turns on the lights under the front awning when activated... They go back off after a bit when no additional motion is detected...

I think it is neat to have the lights come on when someone walks up to the door...

ADDED NOTE: Both my trailers have what I seen being called SCARE LIGHTS mounted on the outside. These are under a switch from the inside the trailer. These are the 8-inch round lights mounted up high on the trailer side... I have one on each side of my Flagstaff trailer. Being on the side of the trailer does not fall under the DOT lights requirements rulings. These lights would be illegal if mounted on the rear of the trailer in our state. These make great light for backing into some camp ground sites...

google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
This is just what i was looking for. Thanks for sharing.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
The communication between multiple lights is interesting. Thanks for sharing, I may have an application for those.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
For home use, there have been wall mounted entry lights with motion sensors for years, I have a half dozen around my home and leave them continuously. They are off until motion is sensed and come on for about 3 minutes when there is motion in the area. And if you want to manually turn it on just turn the switch inside off and back on quickly and the light stays lit.
For remote use check harbor freight, they have a solar powered unit with motion activation which has 36 LED's for about the same price as this single unit.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
You never have to use the remote if you don't want to.
It's a motion light, goes on by itself but you can control it if you want.
The remote comes with a small holster you stick to the wall near the door or wherever.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
With my luck, I'd loose the remote. Good idea though!

When I did a remodel on our family room a couple years ago, I rewired the outside light so it's double switched. One switch is inside, like it always was, and I put an outdoor switch right under the light by the door. We live in the county and if there is no moon, it's DARK! Being able to flip on the light is nice to be able to see the door knob to unlock the lock.

Not exactly the same as your idea, but it works for us. We just don't have "stranger danger" where I live. Maybe a crazy feral cat, or the neighbor's big old slobbery dog may greet us in the dark, but when the coyotes are howling, it's nice to flip on that light ... from the inside or the outside.

I need to do the same for the second door in the hosue. But I'm not ready to remodel that room yet.

Nice idea there, but keeping track of that remote would be my problem.

We even have a dusk-to-dawn light on a switch. In the 8 years we've lived in this house, I've never left it on over night! We love the dark! Do you know, if you DON'T have any external lighting, your eyes adjust to the dark, and actually, you can see quite well in the dark! But, let one light turn on somewhere, and you can't then.