cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This snow bird is late heading home

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are leaving Thursday and making three stops on the way home and should be up in the high country of NC late Sunday.

Anyone else leaving now ?

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
19 REPLIES 19

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
BarbaraOK wrote:
Scottiemom wrote:
A lot of people want to get home to do taxes. Since we full time, I do mine on the road and have a tax preparer I mail my stuff to. It's done, finished, in record time.

Dale

There are so many great tax prep programs out there, never felt the need to have someone 'finish' up my work.

I don't like doing taxes. Don't mind the prep. We've had a business for 13 years and buying and selling properties complicates things like depreciation, etc. Rather have someone do it who is a professional. Once the business is gone, I will likely do them myself.
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
A lot of people want to get home to do taxes. Since we full time, I do mine on the road and have a tax preparer I mail my stuff to. It's done, finished, in record time.

Dale

There are so many great tax prep programs out there, never felt the need to have someone 'finish' up my work.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
April is a great time to be in the middle of the country. Not everyone races home when they leave their winter parks. IMO, why own a RV if you don't explore the country. Hotel rooms for the trip and a rental place is so much easier, and (in the very big picture) cheaper if all you're going to do is snowbird in one spot.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
John I Haggerty wrote:
I live and work at a RV Resort in Sarasota, FL. I don't understand why April 1st is the big date to leave. April is a very nice month here. Slower, much less people and traffic. Still dry and sunny.

We see a lot of that in Arizona too. Many are from the midwest and remark that they have to get home to make sure the 'kids' do the planting right. Mind you, the 'kids' that they are referring to are in their 50s and probably WISHING that the folks would spend the month of April somewhere else. :B

People get in runts and don't realize that they may miss some of the best things by not staying a little longer. In Arizona it is starting to get warm, but the nights are cool, the traffic DRAMATICALLY drops, no waiting to get seated at a restaurant, etc. - we love it. Plus there is always rain when we get to Oregon in the spring, so the longer wait just makes the summer travels start off better.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
John I Haggerty wrote:
I live and work at a RV Resort in Sarasota, FL. I don't understand why April 1st is the big date to leave. April is a very nice month here. Slower, much less people and traffic. Still dry and sunny.

For Canadians a lot of us will be at the end of our allowed stay and it is tax time.

John_I_Haggerty
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Keystone Cougar 31BHS

2008 Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Inferno Red, Khaki leather, CTD, 68RFE
Trailer tow, Anti-spin, Sunroof, Tube steps, DVD based GPS, etc...

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
With as cold and rainy it has been here in MN we won't make the mistake of coming back too early next year. I think May is the right month to return not April.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We brought a nice Sunny day to the NW this morning. Locals are dancing in the streets, trying to knock the webs between their toes off.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are about 90 miles S of Chicago and it's supposed to be down to 35 tonight, 38 tomorrow night. Still cold here at night. There is severe flooding thru the central states. Got stuck around the St Louis area in storms, got out of there, but some of the rivers won't crest until next week Many areas of x-ways are shut down in Arkansas, Missouri and S Illinois.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
Still in south Texas, pretty lonely here, only 3 or 4 left besides those that now stay permanently. Heading to MN in a few days.

Probably the best decision you could make staying on longer. If you would have left earlier you would have been right smack in the middle of all those storms. They WERE really bad. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Neighbors that just got back from their first snowbird season said they had a heck of a time in the mid states from all the flooding. Might not be a good time to pick those really nice campgrounds along the rivers, or follow the old river road up.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
fchammer1 wrote:
It's cold and rainy in central PA, so we'll just enjoy the sunshine and the high 80's here in SW Florida for another week.

Yes, and there was quite a lot of snow in Minnesota on May 1 & 2.
pawatt

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
It's cold and rainy in central PA, so we'll just enjoy the sunshine and the high 80's here in SW Florida for another week.