cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World will not price match. Do your research!

m35a2
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a customer service rep tonight about the 7500 watt dual fuel generator which sells at Camping world for $949.00 on sale.

I can get the same generator at Cabelas for 899.

She refused to price match, so Cabelas will get a 900 dollar sale which would have otherwise gone to Camping World.

In the store last weekend, I was thinking about picking up a Sewer Solution, as I had one a few years back with a prior 5th wheel.
$159 at Camping World. $79 at Amazon.

I do love to spend my money on my rv'ing habit, but I try to spend wisely rather than foolishly.

I think I'll probably just buy all of my stuff at Cabelas rather than Camping World if this is how Camping World does business.
29 REPLIES 29

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am going to close this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Cali-MinnieWinnie,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. Regular sale prices are for everyone, but our current Grill Fest catalogue has Club Sale prices. What item are you currently interested in purchasing?

If you join our Good Sam Club you'll be able to pay the Club prices, get 8 cents off diesel and 5 cents off of gas at Pilot Flying J gas stations, receive 10% off at Good Sam campgrounds and parks, and receive other discounts throughout the year. If you would like to join, please send a private message with your phone number and I can sign you up.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

Cali-MinnieWinn
Explorer
Explorer
I need a few things from Camping World; prices from their sale flyer are actually less expensive than any other source I could find for these items. However, I am confused on their wording. Some items are "on sale" and some are "club sale". I am not a club member so I know I cannot shop the club sale, but what about regular sale items....are these prices for everyone? I know I get the sale price on line but what about in the store (I would like to see the products before buying them). I know they don't price match on line prices but I am talking about the flyer prices.

Deanoldo
Explorer
Explorer
Two stores I've been to recently that honored they're online price in a store are Petsmart and Best Buy. I'll still shop at CW, but I wasn't going to spend another $20 on something I could get at Amazon with free shipping for the same discounted price. The CW store is definitely convenient so I'll be going there when I need something now.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
When we choose to indiscriminately boycott a store we are typically punishing ourselves more than the store. If CW has something you need and they are the most convenient place to buy it, why drive further? Same applies to Wal Mart or any retailer. Now if there are equal choices I understand choosing one over another.
But to say I will NEVER go to CW is sort of silly.
If CW is the closest/only/ game in town avoiding them out of protest is silly....although it may make you feel better....LOL
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Deanoldo wrote:
I'm pretty new to RV'ing and CW stores in general. What frustrated me lately was that the local CW store wouldn't match a price on something that CW advertised online. So, both were Camping World, but one was an online price and one was in the store. Most places I've shopped at that have both brick and mortar and an online presence usually price match themselves. Not sure if this was an issue at my local CW or a corporate policy, but I took my money elsewhere.

Even Wal-Mart stores won't match their on-line prices. Two different retail outlets with different cost structures.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I no longer set foot in a CW store for several reasons. With that being said I don't expect any stick and brick store to price match a internet price.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Deanoldo,

Thank you for your time and post. Feel free to send me the item you had inquired about. I would like to see what options might be available. Thank you again for your time and working with me in this matter.

Thank you,

Mark
Good Sam Care Team

Deanoldo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty new to RV'ing and CW stores in general. What frustrated me lately was that the local CW store wouldn't match a price on something that CW advertised online. So, both were Camping World, but one was an online price and one was in the store. Most places I've shopped at that have both brick and mortar and an online presence usually price match themselves. Not sure if this was an issue at my local CW or a corporate policy, but I took my money elsewhere.

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
If it isn't an emergency situation we watch CW prices and shop sale prices, coupons, etc. there are good CW stores and so so ones. We will support the good stores. Do we shop internet? Sure we do.

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
m35a2 wrote:
I talked to a customer service rep tonight about the 7500 watt dual fuel generator which sells at Camping world for $949.00 on sale.

I can get the same generator at Cabelas for 899.

She refused to price match, so Cabelas will get a 900 dollar sale which would have otherwise gone to Camping World.

In the store last weekend, I was thinking about picking up a Sewer Solution, as I had one a few years back with a prior 5th wheel.
$159 at Camping World. $79 at Amazon.

I do love to spend my money on my rv'ing habit, but I try to spend wisely rather than foolishly.

I think I'll probably just buy all of my stuff at Cabelas rather than Camping World if this is how Camping World does business.

News flash...not every store has a price match policy. :S
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
OK...CW prices can be higher, But,,,if you need it NOW...and CW has it....whattaya do?
Sure, e-sales are cheaper, But include "shipping & handling" how much cheaper...and the wait for it to arrive ?

CW does have some good sale discounts. 2 or 3 years ago, I needed tires. Local dealer gave me an price. CW had, at that time, a tire sale special, Long story short, between the CW sale and the Goodyear rebate, I saved $70 per tire. 70 x 6 = 420.

That is 4 tanks of gas. NJ to WDW and half way back. At least here, CW and I did good.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
m35a2 wrote:
Bucky Badger wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
"They (CW) have some nice stuff! The staff was really friendly too."

You can't have that nice CW store and friendly staff selling RV stuff for one or two percent above cost plus shipping. Get real, stay real.

That's funny stuff right there^^^

It would be, except the generator was an online sale.

The sewer solution was in store. CW was double the price for the same item on Amazon. But hey, you stay real and pay double what you should if that floats your boat.

Don't quote me. My post has nothing to do with you. I hardly ever shop at CW.
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

m35a2
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
"They (CW) have some nice stuff! The staff was really friendly too."

You can't have that nice CW store and friendly staff selling RV stuff for one or two percent above cost plus shipping. Get real, stay real.

That's funny stuff right there^^^

It would be, except the generator was an online sale.

The sewer solution was in store. CW was double the price for the same item on Amazon. But hey, you stay real and pay double what you should if that floats your boat.