cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping Toronto

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
Will be in Toronto in August. I see 2 KOA's and some private rv parks but all seem to be about an hour outside of the city and or they have poor reviews on rvparkreviews.com

Any suggestions?
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73
5 REPLIES 5

CoMoCo
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Jack Diane Freedom. If you are on the west side of Toronto, Milton Heights Campground can't be beat.

It all depends on your generic "I will be in Toronto". Toronto is a big city! Where will you actually be in Toronto?
'23 Silverado High Country 3500 SRW LB D/A; '22 Cedar Creek 345IK

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved to RVing in Canada for more input
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer
If you are visiting in eastern end of Toronto, or east, GLEN ROUGE is THE ONLY one to consider.

bbt
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed a few times at Glen Rouge campground. Very nice campground. Electric, water and dump station. Nice grass and trees.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
The City of Toronto runs two campgrounds. Indian Line Campground that is near Pearson International Airport and often filled with tradespeople working in the area. The other one is quite far out in the east end, Rouge Valley Campground that is not FHU. Very popular with the locals as well but a good hour or more outside the city centre.

Further east is Darlington Provincial Park where you can drive to the Oshawa GO train station and take the train into the city.

On the west side of Toronto is Milton Heights Campground, actually in Milton. We have been going there for years and about two years ago has new owners. The campground is exceptionally well kept and maintained and the front desk people very courteous and welcoming. Again you can take the GO train into Toronto.

A little further west from that is a KOA that I know nothing about other than it is a typical KOA.

There is also Bronte Creek Provincial Park in Oakville (west of Toronto) that is quite nice. We have been there frequently also. Go Train is also available from Oakville on a half hour basis.

Hope this helps.