cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blackstone 36" Griddle Review

mike243
Explorer
Explorer
love it but the drain sucks,It will be taken along on our camping trips to keep the heat and mess out side.If you have a need or chance to get 1 they make several sizes,17" table top or a cart 28"
10 REPLIES 10

tikasdad
Explorer
Explorer
Wal-Mart currently has the 17" Blackstone Griddle on clearance for about $50...great buy if you can find one. Already have the 36", will use the 17" for camping and tailgating.
Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element

velvetmonkey408
Explorer
Explorer
Dick's Sporting goods has the 17" Blackstone on sale through July 8 for $79.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I got the 17" Blackstone about 2 weeks ago.....great price at ACE hardware $79
Seasoned it and did some cooking on it at home to test it out. Works pretty well. Going camping for 9 days this weekend and will find out how good.

mike243
Explorer
Explorer
I have a propane port on the camper so it wont be hard to make me a separate propane line with the regulator removed to keep from carrying a extra tank .going to get a 6-8' line.there will be 6 of us on vacation in July so there will be a lot of out door cooking of fresh fish and goodies from the gulf ๐Ÿ™‚

jwilson66
Explorer
Explorer
I've also had the 36" Blackstone for about 3 yrs....not hard to transport in the tow vehicle (F-150). Use it year 'round (even during the Michigan winters) for Philly Cheesesteaks, homemade fried rice, Italian sausage and peppers! The paperclip "mod" works perfectly. We usually camp with a couple of other families and each family is responsible for a lunch or dinner meal...breakfast is always at our campsite - pancakes, bacon, eggs - done real quick on the Blackstone!

tikasdad
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the 36" Blackstone for nearly 3 years...love it. The drain is an issue, use a straighten paper clip shaped like an "L", the liquid follows the paperclip to drain.

Use on weekends for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don't use during the mid-west winters, got the cover.
Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need bigger tires to pull that behind my trailer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Looks like some good old fashion open cooking done here for a large amount of folks...

Blackstone 36' Griddle

google image

Roy ken

X2

The most I cook for on a regular basis is 6 people so I haven't a need for that size griddle. Still great to know that they exist:).

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like some good old fashion open cooking done here for a large amount of folks...

Blackstone 36' Griddle

google image

We have the COLEMAN ROAD TRIP that stows in a nice roll around tote for travel... Ours has several different griddle tops to use and uses the water reservoir just below the burners to catch all of the grease etc making cleanup a real jewel

Ours has the closed lid that does great for us but some folks like to have a really good sealed lid when cooking like the Webster line gives...

Ours uses the 1lb propane canisters which is great as i also have a Mr Buddy heater for emergency heat when needed so it is nice to have a couple things using the 1lb propane canister... Always have three or four two packs on hand...

We are quite happy with our Coleman Road Trip for the normally two of us on our off-grid camping trips...

Coleman Road trip

google image

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a Blackstone until your post, had to do a Google Search. Looks like it folds up, but still looks kind of big to me. I can see where this would be a real treat to use, especially for larger gatherings.

We had 2 Coleman Propane Stoves, one was a 3 burner stove, the other was a flat griddle that also had one stove top burner. We used these for years, but really got tired of carrying the extra 20 pound propane tank and all the hoses to hook everything up. We eventually switched over to electric flat griddles (Presto), which we use almost exclusively for all our meal preparations when camping. (we always have electric hook up, we don't boondock).

If you already have the Blackstone, I think it would work pretty good if you had a family of more than 2 or 3, (maybe an over-kill for a just a husband-wife alone). But you also need to transport the propane tank. There have been numerous discussions on these forums over the years about to properly transport stand-alone propane tanks.

I do enjoy cooking on flat griddles. They are so versatile. We have a large lid that came off an electric skillet. The skillet is long gone, but we kept the lid. When cooking on the flat griddle, we use it to cover the food. It creates an oven effect, heats from all directions under the lid and keeps things moist as evaporation drips on the inside of the lid, drips down the the inside, and lands back on the griddle, causing natural steam. I recommend getting a large lid and cover those fried potatoes, those T-bone stakes, and those yummy ribs. The difference is amazing.

Good luck and happy camping!