cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canning sauce today!

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Since it is perfect fall weather here today and I saw a few snowflakes this morning (yes, it is MAY!!), I decided to make a pot of sauce and get my canning done for upcoming camping trips. I use the jelly jar size, which is 8 oz, so I have sauce for one on the road. Anyone else can anything for your camping trips? What do you make and take?
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer
5 REPLIES 5

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Most common item for me is the smoked canned salmon which usually gets consumed as dip at Happy Hour.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Herself likes to can and take stew and chili on trips sometimes. The jars are wrapped in the small bubble wrap to keep them from breaking.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I have canned and used Salsa, Dilly beans, and my favorite pickle relish.

Also a few unsuccessfully, okra and dill pickles.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
opened the pool yesterday. as im doing so my phone gave me the frost warning haha
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Saw snow flakes here too Steve. We're south of Buffalo. Our maiden voyage each year has been the first weekend in May. This year we're waiting until Memorial Day weekend. There's something very very wrong with seeing snow in May! Enjoy your sauce!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.