cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dutchmen Kodiak and Aerolite

Bobcloughjr
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering the Aerolite 204es or the Kodiak 206es because they have the same flor plan as the Jayco x23b but with a larger shower.

What kind of construction quality and reliability do these Dutchmen trailers have?
Or should I go with the Jayco x23b and just deal with a tiny shower?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

tbolt2000
Explorer
Explorer
I must say we bought a used 2004 C236 Cub by Aerolite. We have had it for 7 years and we have no problems with it at and enjoy it. Great floor plan.
Ours do not have the Thermarest tent ends.
I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchmen has a poor rep for their hybrids.

At one time, their Kodiak/Aerolite hybrids were the most cutting edge hybrids on the market, with many different floorplans.
Then along came their Thermarest tent ends and futon mattresses.

They turned out to be disastrous for the company, which resulted in Dutchmen slashing their number of floorplans and being more conservative in hybrid design.

Because of all the Thermarest warranty claims, Dutchmen's customer service got a poor reputation.

Their hybrid lines have never recovered since and their sales plummeted.
At one time, they were up there with the Roo/Shamrock and Jayco hybrids but not anymore.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nice not bumping into objects while showering.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad