cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Agility Brake controller braking by itself at low speed.

Alberta_Outback
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed an Hopkins Agility brake controller. and it seems to work fairly well except for its braking on its own at lower speeds

It has a display of % braking. and its showing 10-20 while cruising at lower speed around town or campsite. goes to 0 at highway speed.

I have tried it on all 5 different sensitivity settings and does seem slightly better at 1 (least sensitive) but still does it. tried the max braking at different settings 60-99% no change.

happens pulling up a hills and at constant speeds not just bumps.
brakes work fine with manual button and when at higher speeds (over 60 km\h)

is this normal ? any suggestions ?

I don't think I've wired it incorrectly as I followed directions which were clear and got it hooked to my 07 2500hd.
4 REPLIES 4

Alberta_Outback
Explorer
Explorer
Took out the trailer today and figured out it is the brake pedal that's sticking. Not enough to cause truck to brake but enough to engage trailer brake controller and brakes. Ones I pull pedal up more it goes away.

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like either your brake switch is stuck on or the controller is miswired.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Alberta Outbacker wrote:
I've installed an Hopkins Agility brake controller. and it seems to work fairly well except for its braking on its own at lower speeds

is this normal ? any suggestions ?

No, it's not normal for a brake controller to apply the trailer brakes in its own. It should only apply trailer brakes when you hit the brake pedal of your truck.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some suggestions...

https://www.etrailer.com/question-17257.html
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP