cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recoating RV roof

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer

I read somewhere on the Good Sam forum a question about recoating an RV roof. Well here is the before and after photos of our RV roof. I used Dicor Cool Coat coating and just followed the directions as written including using a pressure washer on the roof. I think it came out pretty darn good on my 10 year old camper.

9 REPLIES 9

Mel_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Dover,
Thanks for your posting and the pictures.
Mel

leavesfall
Explorer
Explorer
I used this ***Link Removed*** when I've got problems with my roof. Result satisfied me.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
The question was implied. So I applied my answer. Hopefully it was appreciated. Wouldn't want to lead anyone astray.

But thanks for pointing that out.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
jerryjay11 wrote:
The only thing the pressure washer did was remove some of the old white coating from the original roof since much of it was crazed and loose anyway. Since I was recoating it that didn't matter. The new coating covered everything with the recommended 2 coats. The instructions for Dicor roof coating suggest to use a pressure washer with 2000 psi to remove the cleaner/activator that is used prior to recoating. My PW was only 1500 psi, but by adjusting the distance from the nozzle to roof it worked well.

If you have more technical or in depth questions Dicor will be able to handle them and they get back to you the same day with a response. Also their web site has videos that describe how to do it. I am not promoting their products, just think they were pretty helpful with my decision to do this. https://dicorproducts.com/

As cmcdar stated, research the correct method to use. I have EPDM roofing, and there are products for different types of roofs. But since the question originally was about pressure washing an RV roof...

Actually, there was NO QUESTION in the original post...
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing the pressure washer did was remove some of the old white coating from the original roof since much of it was crazed and loose anyway. Since I was recoating it that didn't matter. The new coating covered everything with the recommended 2 coats. The instructions for Dicor roof coating suggest to use a pressure washer with 2000 psi to remove the cleaner/activator that is used prior to recoating. My PW was only 1500 psi, but by adjusting the distance from the nozzle to roof it worked well.

If you have more technical or in depth questions Dicor will be able to handle them and they get back to you the same day with a response. Also their web site has videos that describe how to do it. I am not promoting their products, just think they were pretty helpful with my decision to do this. https://dicorproducts.com/

As cmcdar stated, research the correct method to use. I have EPDM roofing, and there are products for different types of roofs. But since the question originally was about pressure washing an RV roof...

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
HOLD THE PHONE!

Having owned a few different campers over the years, it is VERY IMPORTANT to note that all RV roofs are NOT EQUAL.

I have re-coated roofs several times but my current camper has a RUBBER ROOF which is not treated the same way. There are even different kinds of rubber roofs.

Before you do anything, find out what kind of roof your RV has and proceed according to manufacturers recommendations.

... carry on...
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Roof looks great.

Tell me more (details) about "using a pressure washer." I have been VERY reluctant to use one on our trailers over the years for fear of causing damage.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I thought it might help someone to make a decision to recoat their old roof. We bought this camper used and from the looks of the original roof the previous owner didn't do much with it. I am very happy with it.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Looks very good. Hope you now get another 10 years out of the roof.

Your's is a testimony for all those who say you never have to do anything to the RV roof.... not even clean it! Thanks! Nice job!