cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doggy Door

Moomba2002
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if anyone has added a doggy door to their 5th. wheel? We will be living fulltime in it and the pup will need to be able to get out if needed. Looking forward to this next adventure.
2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor
8 REPLIES 8

Moomba2002
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you "wanderingbob" as that is the type of answer I am looking for.
2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
This really has nothing to do with this subject, but we saw something over the weekend that we just do not understand what makes people do the things they do. People in a small class C put their 2-3 year old lab mix dog in a taxi (mind you the dog was crying as they did this) and strapped the taxi on the back of the Class C and went on down the highway. In my opinion, God has a special place for people like that, and it's not heaven.:D

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
The OPs question was , has any one added a doggy door ?
Yes , I helped my neighbor put a door in their TT.
Beside the bed in the front was a " nite stand " that had a false front reaching into the outside storage spaces . We put the "door " in the false front to allow the dog into the storage area , from there a ramp to the ground could be put up after the portable fence was put up .
Worked purty good ! Dog would lay out there and play with everyone who walked past .

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
No doggie door will be needed as you will need to be outside fastened to one end of a leash whenever your dog is outside. Also, please walk your dog to give it exercise. We see so many that are never walked and when they are let out the owner just stands by the rv. Dogs do not like to do their business in the same area where they may want to lay down. Our dog is well behaved and is on her leash. When we sit outside she lays beside our chair and enjoys sun or shade and being with us. She also enjoys her walks as she gets to see different things and interact with other people and animals at times. It enriches their lives and it will yours too.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess what?

Days of doggy coming and going as it pleases is OVER when you FT RV.

YOU will have to become FULLY involved with your dogs 'duties'
Walking.......on a leash
Letting it outside to go.....on a leash
Stopping at rest areas/along side of roads/off-on ramps----on a leash
On a leash, on a leash. WITH POOP bags that are empty when you go and FULL when you come back from walks.....at the CG Sites...when you stop while traveling

We FTd for 7 yrs with a large dog.
As responsible dog owners the DOGs needs came FIRST
Food/Water/potty breaks/walks---and amount of time we could be gone IF she didn't go with us.

Pets are great!
But when you FT they need more attention.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Home on Wheels wrote:
Most RV parks do not allow pets to be left outside unattended. Some do not even allow you to leave them unattended in the RV.

If you are living in an Rv your days of "doggy doors" are out unless you have it permanently set up someplace that has a fence around your place.

Same thing I thought of, a doggy door would be of little or no value unless you erect a fence around the RV.

Leash laws protect you, me, innocent children, wild critters, and also the dog.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
if the dog can go out, anything his size can come in. raccoons, for instance.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV parks do not allow pets to be left outside unattended. Some do not even allow you to leave them unattended in the RV.

If you are living in an Rv your days of "doggy doors" are out unless you have it permanently set up someplace that has a fence around your place.