cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What does it mean when?...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You are just about ready to leave for camping for 1 weekend ... Friday night through Sunday afternoon, and you realized what all you've packed to eat?

A whole bag of cat food (one cat)
A whole bag of dog food (one Dachshund)

(2 adults only)
10 pounds of potatoes
3 boxes of cereal
1 jar of jelly beans
8 containers of yogart
2 pounds of grapes
1 package of read to bake Nestle Toll House cookie dough
1/2 gallon 1 percent milk
1 gallon whole milk
2 rolls of oven bake biscuits
assortment of all kinds of soft drinks including various coffees and creamers (some for a Kureg and some for a drip coffee maker)
head lettuce
eggs
carrots
applesauce
cherries
lunch meat
assortment of frozen Sunday Cones
a bag of frozen Hash Browns
1 Ribeye steake
1 New York steak
1 Round steak
hot dogs
Sausage (for biscuits and gravy)
Stake sauce and BBQ sauce
Bread
Gravy mixes

Of course, everything we don't eat stays there and we'll use it once back home, or take it out next week-end!

Finally... weather in Indiana got nice! After weeks of bad weather, rain, flooding, and cold, the sun is out ... and we are too ...

In just about 30 minutes!

Want to know what clothing we're bring along? ... way too much probably.

Yep, were excited. After driveway camping from out last trip in March to South Carolina, we're excited to be going to an actual campground again! Let the good times roll!
18 REPLIES 18

Jeeperinmoab
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you are going to be feeding everyone. What time is dinner?
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
2017 Cruiser RV MPG2800QB

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you are having a blast. I do admire you and the wife for the joy you are getting out of the children. Too many people today, when older really don't care for them. I love my family children and enjoy their shenanigans. Almost as much as I love to watch my dogs.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
6:00 pm update!

Skipped lunch, snacked out.

Had dinner at 4:30. We're now sitting around the camp fire watching the neighbor camper's kids playing in the grass. 2 little boys, probably age 5 and 6, and two girls,probably age 10 and 11. They are having a blast running, chasing, and so care free! They've got 2 campsites, and is an extended family get together, 2 brothers plus their parents, plus an uncle, and of course all their kids. Lots of activity. We're just enjoying watching them. We've made friends, shared stories, and found out one of the brothers lives right near where I work. I drive by his house very day going to work. Small world, isn't it!

What a great day! I wish I had 1/2 the energy those kids have!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I like your ezup setups! Pouring rain here in CT. Have a cold one for me! :C

Mike

Almost forgot to mention any of you folks come out to our neck of the woods I always have an extra chair or 2 for the campfire!
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

That looks like your having a great Camping trip !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Where are you going? I am dropping buy for a meal, or 3 !

Yeah same here, you may get a second knock on your camper door! :B

Mike

We are at Mississinawa State Recreation area (North-Central Indiana) site 386.

We had the hot dogs over the fire last night and chips. This morning, the biscuits and gravy, and set out the Round Steak for lunch.

Come on over if yor are in the neighborhood!

And oh, by th4 way, we stopped at a Dollar General and stocked up on Little Debbies, sliced cheese, and chips. yea ... we're eating good this trip!

FYI... weather is marvelous. Our cat is under that blanket on my wife's lap in the photo! Even he's getting into "it."

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Where are you going? I am dropping buy for a meal, or 3 !

Yeah same here, you may get a second knock on your camper door! :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
We get by with four of those ACTION PACKERs plastic chests from LOWES... Two of them have a big assortment of can goods and dry food...

Then we always stop at a WALMART just before we get to our destination and get what foods we want to eat for the next few days...

Roy Ken

Wuvvvvvv the Action Packers and thanks for letting me know it can be purchased at Lowe's! Been buying them online from RubberMaid's website but now that Manhattan finally has a Lowe's I can get one faster:c.

I don't use mine for food storage but they are highly useful nevertheless.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
don't forget the salt and pepper, the can opener, a fire starter and toilet paper!
๐Ÿ™‚
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We get by with four of those ACTION PACKERs plastic chests from LOWES... Two of them have a big assortment of can goods and dry food...

Then we always stop at a WALMART just before we get to our destination and get what foods we want to eat for the next few days...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It means you forgot the beer. :S

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The dog food we use costs more than most of the food we eat....
What does that tell you?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
It means that applesauce doesn't necessarily pair well with cat food but you will still be well fed;).

Enjoy your trip:c.

eastern_shore_g
Explorer
Explorer
It means you are well prepared!! Have fun...we are expecting a rainy weekend...AGAIN ๐Ÿ˜ž