cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

walking on roof of a 2010 keystone passport

tarheelman
Explorer
Explorer
while cleaning my roof. My rafters bowed at the back of the camper.I weigh 200#.Has anyone else seen this problem
Robby
DW,2 Boys 13& 16
MAX The Yellow LAB
Keystone Passport 290BH,TV F150 5.4 V8 4x4 Automatic
8 REPLIES 8

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Camper G wrote:
The jaycos magnum truss system is said to be able to hold 4500lbs. I'd think it would be ok to walk on?

Over the whole roof, or concentrated in just a few square inches?

When you walk on the roof you are putting your whole weight on only a very small spot (how big are your feet?). Big difference versus say snow that is evenly distributed.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
The jaycos magnum truss system is said to be able to hold 4500lbs. I'd think it would be ok to walk on?
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
The TT that I had several yrs ago had a ladder on the back but I have a carport metal cover over it I could not get to the rear of the TT. I put my 12 ft portable ladder near the side of TT and climbed up on the TT. When I did I heard the boards break and thought better of getting up on the roof. I sold it shortly there after. I weigh over 200 pds
samsontdog:o:W

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to read up on my new TT. On the old motorhome the roof was solid feeling, plus it had a factory ladder. My new TT does not have a ladder. The guy at CW who gave us the walk-around said get up on the roof several times a year and to use the cleaner and UV protection every year.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Before I did a routine checked of my AC, I emailed the VIN # to the manufacturer and asked if I could walk on my TT roof. They said no because it was a "Lite" model.

I was suspicious because my friend's Jayco has a ladder and mine did not.

They said if I wanted to walk on the roof I needed to lay down small sheets of plywood but they did not say how big.

Well the AC will have to break before I try that. The TT is seven years old and the roof does not leak. Some things are best left well enough alone. ๐Ÿ™‚
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Passports do not have walkable roofs. This is stated in my 2013 passport owners manual
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
A 200 pound man could do jumping jacks on the roof of my Arctic Fox. No issues. I currently walk on the roof of my signature rig (@ 190 pounds) and it's solid as a rock. I'm not surprised a Keystone roof would have issues.
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I got on my roof once and now I have a low spot. Never again. I use a long handled brush.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)