cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Test drove 2017 Tiffin Allegro

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. My wife and I took a '17 Allegro 36LA for a test drive yesterday and we were very impressed! Thank you Tim at Shorewood RV.

No squeaks or rattles and what a ride with the Sumo springs on board. I drove Gillig Phantom city transit buses before going full time in Law Enforcement 22 years ago along with some MCI motorcoach cross country driving and the Allegro had a very impressive air ride suspension-like ride. Very well built motorhome and it (we have decided we like the 34PA's floorplan the best) is definitely at the top of our list for gas coaches. Well done Tiffin!
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17
15 REPLIES 15

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Andy
Good luck with your Allegro. I think that you will enjoy it as it is a really nice coach. We got great service out of our Gas Allegro Bay for ten years. We even took it over the Rockies several times with no problems. We have heard a lot of good reports on Sherman. We bought ours through Bankston in Huntsville. Enjoy your new coach every chance you can; in fact just wear it out. Have fun
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
It seems that you are set on a gas motorhome. I would encourage you to consider a diesel pusher. It may be a little more costly, but, in my opinion, worth it in the long run. When we were shopping for our first motorhome I wanted a diesel pusher, but thought we couldn't afford one. We could have and four years later we are in one. Yes, it's only an entry model, but so much better than the gas coach we had.

What gas coach was that and what year, since 2006 and newer Ford F-53 chassis, motors, transmissions, suspension, etc has gotten a lot better and not like the old gas chassis, these motorhomes only go down in value and the cost for service and repairs when needed on a diesel will make most wished they had not gone that route.

And as to sound from the front motor on a gas can be a easy fix with sound proofing material..

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
:B
irishtom29 wrote:
It seems you are set on a gas motorhome. I would encourage you to instead buy a Cadillac CTS and stay in nice hotels. Oh wait, you didn't ask me what I think you should do.

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
jfskeet wrote:
With the 34pa, Sumo springs are an option. We have one on order, we missed cutoff for 2017 models so we are getting a 2018 34pa. Yes the ride and quietness over our 2015 Winnebago is remarkable,

Thanks for your reply. And enjoy that 2018 Allegro! How about selling it to me in 2 years? LOL
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
AllenTC2 wrote:
I sat in a 31' (I think) Allegro this past Saturday. I cannot imagine driving one of those things. LOL Felt like a battleship.

Anyway, I got to compare it to the Winnebago Vista parked right next to it. Night and day difference. Not saying the Winnebago wasn't nice, but the Tiffin's materials seemed so much nicer.

I did the same comparison at an RV show and I reached the same conclusion, even with the Newmar Canyon Star included. Newmar was a very close 2nd.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

AllenTC2
Explorer
Explorer
I sat in a 31' (I think) Allegro this past Saturday. I cannot imagine driving one of those things. LOL Felt like a battleship.

Anyway, I got to compare it to the Winnebago Vista parked right next to it. Night and day difference. Not saying the Winnebago wasn't nice, but the Tiffin's materials seemed so much nicer.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, go easy on the guy. He wants a gasser, nothing wrong with that.

Andy, the ride that you got on the 2017 may not be the same on a '15 if enhancements were made on the newer model.

Buy and drive what YOU like.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
It seems you are set on a gas motorhome. I would encourage you to instead buy a Cadillac CTS and stay in nice hotels. Oh wait, you didn't ask me what I think you should do.
LOL
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

jfskeet
Explorer
Explorer
With the 34pa, Sumo springs are an option. We have one on order, we missed cutoff for 2017 models so we are getting a 2018 34pa. Yes the ride and quietness over our 2015 Winnebago is remarkable,
Jeff & Kathy
2018 Tiffin 34PA
Honda CRV Toad

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
It seems that you are set on a gas motorhome. I would encourage you to consider a diesel pusher. It may be a little more costly, but, in my opinion, worth it in the long run. When we were shopping for our first motorhome I wanted a diesel pusher, but thought we couldn't afford one. We could have and four years later we are in one. Yes, it's only an entry model, but so much better than the gas coach we had.

Thanks but budget wise I doubt we will do a DP. I plan to buy a year end close out or a 1-2 year old model to avoid some of the depreciation. And to be honest, the test drive and the quality of the Allegro tells me I can get everything we want with great quality for much less than an older DP. And we can still get into the boon dock and State Forest sites that we love with the 34 PA Allegro. I am not much for RV parks where you are packed in tight.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Do the new Allegro's come are with the Sumo springs now or was that an option?

Shorewood RV said they get Sumo springs on all the ones they order. Not sure if that means the Sumo springs are optional or standard but it sounds like they are options.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do the new Allegro's come are with the Sumo springs now or was that an option?