cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model NV5164 Pilot Automotive Wireless LED Towing Light

dmctlc
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at these Pilot Automotive Wireless LED Towing Light Part #: NV5164 for car and wondering if anyone out there has good or bad opinion on these. Sadly I hate to find out after I buy them they aren't any good. I know there's cheaper ones and more expensive ones don't always mean better. Are these going to fly off the trunk of my new car when I'm on a lot of these highways under construction? Do you put something between the trunk and the base of the lites like a thin cloth to prevent it from scratching it? I don't mind spending a little more for a better product but I'd like to stay with Wireless since I'd prefer not to touch my new car wiring. Appreciate any inputs...
🙂
Dana & wife Terri
Daughter - Stephanie
Granddaughter - Callie (9 y/o)
Son - Phillip
Granddaughter - Charlotte (1 1/2 y/o)
American Cocker Spaniel- Shadow
2018 Georgetown Series 5 GT5 31L5
3 REPLIES 3

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Not unless someone hits the rear of your car. the biggest issue is going to be damaging the car. The panels on vehicles are so thin now to shave off weight that when you go to remove them you could end up denting the trunk and you will be damaging you paint!

Not sure what you are using as a toad but could you mount them on the rear package shelf if it is a car? There has to be a way to tie the vehicles lights in to the motor home right?

Don

PS you might want to have the Mod move this to the Dinghy Towing section. You will get more answers there.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Also not familiar with that particular light, but I use a wireless system and they are great. Just remember that the "battery life" is when the lights are actually in operation, NOT shelf life. I have found that mine last 8 - 12 months. Good luck and you should enjoy your setup.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Egor_sRV
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not familiar with those lights, but as for scratch resistance, I keep a roll of contact paper that I cut into about 9 inch squares to use under the magnets. It keeps dirt from getting between the light and paint and cushions vibrations that will scratch the paint. When you're finished, just peel off and throw away.
"Of all the things I have lost during my lifetime, I miss my mind the most."