cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying Online is More Hassle than it's Worth

No_Stress_Expre
Explorer
Explorer
We are full-timer's and avid Camping World Shopper's when we were close to one. For the first time we are 125 miles from a Camping World so I've ordered online once but the online check out wouldn't take my $10 Gift Certificate so I called customer service. The gentlemen, who was less than pleasant, stated that I would have to mail in the gift certificate with the order number on the back and CW will send me back a refund check. I asked him if he was serious. He was, completely, then said if there's nothing else and hung up. I wasn't quite done..

It was a great business decision to have people mail in their gift certificates because most won't, not in today's technologically advanced society. (When most every other online retail store allows for these types of transactions, it's sad that a company as large as Camping World does not have the capabilities).

I am surprised and dissapointed that this company is Marcus' baby and allows these types of decisions.

I am posting this message at this time because I just received a $25 gift certificate for adding on 2 more years to my membership. I tried once again to order online and it won't take my gift certificate again.
2002 41ft Gulf Stream Friendship
18 REPLIES 18

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am going to close this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

pairofcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
***Link Removed***RV Solar Kits

pairofcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
So, my wife and I recently purchased this inexpensive solar kit... Works like a CHARM!

It truly was the easiest thing we've learned to do on our 5th wheel.

***Link Removed***

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello DryCreek,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. Your membership includes many benefits, including, 10% off at Good Sam Club campgrounds and parks, fuel discounts at Pilot Flying J stations, and access to our Good Sam RV Trip Planner. Shipping costs vary on the item when ordering online with Camping World. Unfortunately, Good Sam members do not automatically get free shipping on orders with Camping World.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
jdb7566 wrote:
Not too long ago I had about 10 items in my CW cart and ready to place the order, but decided to check Amazon's prices. Using the manufacturers product number from CW on the Amazon website, so that I may compare apple to apples, I found that nine of the ten items were cheaper on the CW website. Shipping may be faster from Amazon, but your Prime membership is four times the cost of a GS membership, per year. Returns are a hassle no matter who you purchase from. I have a CW 30 miles from my home, and if I feel I need something sooner than the UPS truck can deliver, I make the drive.
In my book there is a significant difference between "probably cheaper" and IS cheaper.

Howdy, quick question. From your statement "but your Prime membership is four times the cost of a GS membership", are you saying that as a GS member I get free shipping when I order online from CW? If that's true, great! I wonder why I wasn't told that when I joined?

No_Stress_Expre
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
My recommendation is to buy from Amazon. Their price for that item is probably cheaper than CW's even with the coupon.

Ron

Ron,

You are correct. Amazon is cheaper. I am only trying to use my certificate before it expires. I was hopeful that CW would step up and address the issue but I was wrong. I am buying from Amazon and will get free shipping. I am sadly disappointed in CW.

No_Stress_Expre
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
No Stress Express,

Thank you for contacting Camping World and providing your feedback. Merchandise Certificates can be used at the time of purchase in our Camping World locations. For online purchases, the purchase would need to be made in full then the receipt and merchandise certificate mailed to our Bowling Green headquarters. A refund will be sent out to you.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

Stacy,

That's the problem. Did you read my message in it's entirety? Why doesn't camping world make their merchandise certificates compatible with their online store? If their worried about theft, attach the certificate to the persons GS card. Kohl's does it everyday.

Thanks for your help!

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello jdb7566,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and providing your feedback.

Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
My recommendation is to buy from Amazon. Their price for that item is probably cheaper than CW's even with the coupon.

Ron

Not too long ago I had about 10 items in my CW cart and ready to place the order, but decided to check Amazon's prices. Using the manufacturers product number from CW on the Amazon website, so that I may compare apple to apples, I found that nine of the ten items were cheaper on the CW website. Shipping may be faster from Amazon, but your Prime membership is four times the cost of a GS membership, per year. Returns are a hassle no matter who you purchase from. I have a CW 30 miles from my home, and if I feel I need something sooner than the UPS truck can deliver, I make the drive.
In my book there is a significant difference between "probably cheaper" and IS cheaper.

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
The purpose of the certificate is to GET YOU INTO THE STORE.
This is a known problem for a few years now.

And here I thought the coupons were meant as a thanks for doing business with them. While I understand there is marketing involved with these coupons, aren't they basically perceived as a gift? And shouldn't gifts be given for the recipient's benefit and enjoyment and not for a self serving purpose?
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is that CW is usually more expensive.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
this is very true, seems that retail stores are turning into show rooms.

lanerd wrote:

Ron
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a regular CW shopper, save the coupon until your in the store and use it then. No problem.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Well, sometimes, lanerd.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad