cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

insta pot

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone on hear used an Insta Pot? we have one and carry it with us when ever we travel, great meals is a very short time,
20 REPLIES 20

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
Love my InstantPot and use it frequently, but since we're not full-timers yet and we normally dry camp, we haven't taken it with us in the RV.

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
noticed today that walmart has this type of pot for $49.95
bumpy

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours. Watch them on Amazon, they go on special a couple times a year for a pretty good price. I think we paid about $80 and the normal price is about $120-130.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
swtgran wrote:
I hate mine. This just can't seem to compare to the speed of a stove top pressure cooker. Actually, it takes longer to cook than other electric cookers I own. It takes up a great deal of space compared to a stove top of similar capacity.

If the electric goes out, so does the Instant Pot.

yep, got word from amazon that my $9.99 microwave egg cooker is enroute. put a little water to mark in the bottom, put eggs in tray, poke a needle in top of each. put in microwave for 9 1/2 minutes, 4 perfectly done eggs. ๐Ÿ™‚
BUMPY

swtgran
Explorer
Explorer
I hate mine. This just can't seem to compare to the speed of a stove top pressure cooker. Actually, it takes longer to cook than other electric cookers I own. It takes up a great deal of space compared to a stove top of similar capacity.

If the electric goes out, so does the Instant Pot.
Swtgran
2007 Casita 17ft SD
2005 Toyota Tundra

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
I use one about 4 times a week at home and love it!! I make yogurt in it and meals and hard boiled eggs....lots and lots of things!!! If anyone is looking though the official name is "Instant Pot" even though must of us call it an "Insta Pot"

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes - we have one and bring it when we travel in our trailer. But, as our trailer is small there is no room for it so we keep it in the back of the truck (in its original box) till needed. We also store our little rice cooker inside it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Use it at home all the time - hard boiled eggs are finally easy and foolproof. We have the 6 qt model and it has been plenty big enough for pressure cooking and slow cooking.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bcsdguy wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
bcsdguy wrote:
We had one but didn't like it. Gave it to daughter in law.

Can you expand on why you didn't like it as I'm considering buying a smaller one for when I don't need my 8 qt crock pot. I always like to evaluate use of valuable counter top using appliances carefully.

It was too small for our needs and the fact that my wife is afraid of pressure cookers. I know, they have made them foolproof but she had one blow off the lid a long time ago and she just can't get over it. No sense in having it if she is afraid of it, I figure. But, beyond that, and the size, I guess it is ok. I did like the fact that it was multi-functional.

I understand your wife's fear; have the same kind of memories that involved a stew, my mother, and the pressure valve embedded in the ceiling. It was all hands on deck for the cleanup, LOL. You are right though new technology has changed how it works.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
bcsdguy wrote:

Can you expand on why you didn't like it as I'm considering buying a smaller one for when I don't need my 8 qt crock pot. I always like to evaluate use of valuable counter top using appliances carefully.

It was too small for our needs and the fact that my wife is afraid of pressure cookers. I know, they have made them foolproof but she had one blow off the lid a long time ago and she just can't get over it. No sense in having it if she is afraid of it, I figure. But, beyond that, and the size, I guess it is ok. I did like the fact that it was multi-functional.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bcsdguy wrote:

DowntheAvenue, I believe only some models have Bluetooth capabilities.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Best Appliance I've ever bought. Does almost anything and does it all well.

Here.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
A cooking pot with Bluetooth connectivity. Now that is way more technology than I need!!!!!!!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
rbrand wrote:
Ok?

Sounds interesting

Give us some more information.
What is it where can we get some information?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/dining/instant-pot-electric-pressure-cooker-recipes.html
You'll also find a link to readers' tips on the right hand side of the article.