cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wind noise

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2017 Winnebago Journey. I love it except for one thing - wind noise.
I can't pin point exactly where it is coming from, but it seems like the front left, maybe the angle of the mirrors? Just looking for ideas here, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
7 REPLIES 7

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most likely you've lost one of the weep hole covers. Here's what they look like --

Here's where you buy them -- they are right and left hand specific;

Weep hole covers

Good luck....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Shame you have to apply such methods on a brand new higher end DP. Not knocking the DP at all, I think it's a problem on a lot of RV's. I am confident engineers and the guys that build these things have never driven a mile.
2013 ACE 29.2

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I had this problem with my Newmar Bay Star when I picked it up. I could not stop he wind noise no matter what I did. I picked up two wind deflectors for the sun roof on and auto and attached them just in front of the mirrors to reroute the wind and Shazam, the noise was gone.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you are positive it is NOISE and not a air leak noise. Masking tape the front edge on the side window. masking tape around the mirror mount. Tape off the bottom weep hole covers. If this stops the noise, remove each section of tape until the noise returns. If that does NOT stop the noise, MOVE the mirror mount arm outward(you may not be able to use the mirror in this mode. Then see if the noise goes away. If it does, then you will have to experiment where the mirror arm can be set and still use the mirror. Once you find the correct spot, make a small mark so if the mirror is ever moved, you can easily restore the arm/mirror to the correct spot. Also, have you tried driving BOTH ways on the Hiway? Usually, it only makes the noise when you drive one way and the existing crosswind hits and causes the noise. This makes it a little harder to isolate the exact cause. Doug

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
My wind noise, which was horrendous, came from the passenger window. The cutout was too large for the window. I caulked both sides and top, helped some. An earplug helped more.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Try taping over window seams, windshield corners etc. Chances are you have an air leak.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen in my gas motorhome. Found out a weep hole cover in my left side front window had been knocked off when I washed it. Covered it with duct tape until I replaced the cover. I couldn't believe how much wind noise that little hole made.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"