cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer hose storage on Class B

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pleasure Way Excel and I like it very much. The 2015 does seem to have one problem that I've seen on most smaller RVs. Although there is a little door that says sewer hose and it will allow me to put a sewer hose in it, I cannot get the end that would attach to the black water drain via its attachment to the hose in the storage. I'm considering attaching a PVC pipe to the underside of a carrier that we use that goes into the rear receptacle. Are there other solutions out there that would allow me to put the entire hose privately but safely away?
11 REPLIES 11

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Saint Augustine:
Sorry I don't have access to the rv at this point in time. The holder is really nothing more than what I"ve stated and it is fastened to the rv by using longish stainless steel hose clamps which secures it to the frame. These hose clamps can be ganged to make them longer and are available for use in clamping dryer vents and such. The material for the holder is black abs sewer pipe and can be glued together and mounted without drilling any holes. If you look under your rv from the rear you'll see an open space running front to rear to the left of the spare tire. The opening of the holder for inserting the hose terminates right under the rear bumper.

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
ernie1, do you have pics?

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2005 PW Excel with the same problem that I solved by using some 4"abs pipe that runs front to rear right next to the spare tire. Put a cap on one end and a female threaded fitting on the other end. It was secured to the frame with long enough stainless steel worm clamps. All fittings fit inside this pipe.

KrowNB
Explorer
Explorer
Lets try this...

Would only let me post two photos them the image button didn't bring up the link box any longer.

(Guess that didn't work!)

KrowNB
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a 5X5?? vinyl post cover under my 2008 when I had it. Have been trying to post photos but can't figure out how and gotta run right now. PM me if you want and I'll send you a link.

Keith

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the idea, Bumpy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
back when I used stinky slinkies I used the PresTO fit connections and that would slip off and go into the tubing. and I slid a piece of plastic guttering into the bumper to prevent holes.
I have considered B vans and decided if I get one to use a platform on the rear to hold grill, blocks, slinky, etc.

bumpy

Saint_Augustine
Explorer
Explorer
I have used something similar to your rig. Works well but wondered about the pvc pipe attached to carrier. Thanks for pics.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if you are using your hitch, or even if you have one, but if you have one and not using it, why not something like this. I quit putting my hoses in my trailer bumper a long time ago:

What do I use that bumper for now? Well, I use it for things that will NOT get pin-holes. It's perfect for metal poles, fire place pokers, handle extensions for brooms and such, hot dog sticks, anything metal, that's long and sharp.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Saint, the black water drain attachment won't fit in my 4 inch bumper. Irritating!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to remember with my PW Excel, the hose would fit the alloted space, but just the small black ring which attached to the drain, made it to the storage door. That was sufficient for mine. The only other thing I would have done was take the connection off and just store the hose. Extra work. But, the PW
was low and something else under it might not have made it across a speed bump?