cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th Wheel Entrance Steps

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has bad knees and climbing the OEM 3 step system on our 5th wheel is sometimes difficult for her.
I'm looking into the Moryde "Step above" 4 step unit or the Torklift 4 step "Glow Steps".
Does anyone have any experience with these step systems?
Thanks for your help!
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.
27 REPLIES 27

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:

These are working well at out summer RV Park.

Don't look too portable though.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
We have the MorRyde steps in our new 5th wheel, really like them, light but stable and as one other person stated if your on a slope were it goes away from the trailer you have to put a peace of wood or block under the steps ...

Me Again, how do you store that deck when you out on the road, how long is it taking to setup and take down LOL (only Kidding, nice deck)

Safe Travels

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gregk55 wrote:
Port-a-Step. I have had them for a year now. and love them. The hand rail is a nice feature.

http://www.rv-co.com/

These are working well at out summer RV Park.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
I will probably have to cut some but it's possible that I won't. My measurements show they might just fit in the old frame that is indeed welded on. Sorry that I had to cut off the hangers that you had Alpenlite put on but I just had to go higher. Once they steps are done I'm finished with all my projects and should be ready to go.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
howardwheeler wrote:
I just lifted my fifth wheel because my new truck was taller. This left the Kwikee manual steps ( 3steps) too high off the ground. So I ordered the Glowstep Revolution 4 step today. Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. I will report how it goes after installation.

I hope you are still near your friend to cut off the steps as I think they are welded on. Nice job from him. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

fivercamper
Explorer
Explorer
I've had both the Port-A-Steps and now the Torklift Glowsteps. Kind of a toss-up between the two, I guess. The Port-A-Steps are great if you stay in one place for longer periods of time since they take a little longer to set up and take down and require space to store them when traveling. They have a nice hand rail and a 24"x24" top step. The ground supports are longer allowing more adjustment capability on uneven terrain. Glowsteps stow easily where the old steps were and have a slight edge on build quality. When I had an offer to try the Glowsteps, I did and decided to stick with them for the kind of travel we do(multiple short stays). Now I have a 4 step Port-A-Steps taking up space in my workshop.
Dave
'08 Hitchhiker Champagne 35LKRSB
'11 Ford F350 6.7PSD, Crew dually, with Ford/Reese 5th wheel hitch option

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
I just lifted my fifth wheel because my new truck was taller. This left the Kwikee manual steps ( 3steps) too high off the ground. So I ordered the Glowstep Revolution 4 step today. Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. I will report how it goes after installation.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Yet another vote for the Glow steps.. I had a stroke in Aug of 15 and still have issues with left leg and my wife had a hip replacement. Our DRV came with OEM 3 steps, bottom step was high.. we replaced with 5 step Torq Lift Glow Step Revolution and it's solid and very easy to get up and down.... even for our two boxers. It's a quality product and the company has awesome customer support. We love ours.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
ToBNamedL8r wrote:
Installed my MorRyde steps last March and love how solid they are. The only issue I have is when at my in-laws the ground slopes away from the RV and I have to add a cement block as an extra step. Storage i not a problem for me.I like how they lift into the doorway. As far as a hole where the other step were, my isnstructions and the video both show the existing steps remaining in place (as mine are right now).

Mor Ryde needs to develop something to take advantage of the old step space. Seems like a waste. The old steps can never be used, why just leave them there?
Develop a cabinet or bin for the space and make it a selling feature vs. a wasted space...
Mor Ryde is missing an opportunity to create a unique selling feature that the other aftermarket stair competitors don't have.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ToBNamedL8r
Explorer
Explorer
Installed my MorRyde steps last March and love how solid they are. The only issue I have is when at my in-laws the ground slopes away from the RV and I have to add a cement block as an extra step. Storage i not a problem for me.I like how they lift into the doorway. As far as a hole where the other step were, my isnstructions and the video both show the existing steps remaining in place (as mine are right now).
kb
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD D-Max/Allison Crew Cab Long Bed
PullRite Super 5 hitch
2015 Cougar 337 FLS

You can live for many causes. You can only die for one. Choose wisely.

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed the Moryde Step Above a few months back and so far we really love them. Super stable and no trouble at all to store for travel.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

Gregk55
Explorer
Explorer
Port-a-Step. I have had them for a year now. and love them. The hand rail is a nice feature.

http://www.rv-co.com/
2015 F350 DRW CC LB 4x4
2015 Lifestyle 36FW

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
The MorRyde looks like a sturdy unit but Im not liking how it stores inside the unit. I have a toyhauler and at times need that space for the toys. Would also have a big hole underneath the door where my current steps fold in.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Supports can be added to the QuadraStep for around $20, if it seems to be too "bouncy". AFATG it isn't the steps that are "bouncy" it is the movement of the trailer when you step on the steps, the 3 steps do the same thing. I've not noticed any issues with it and would buy another one in a minute if I wanted a 4-step. I'm just frugal. ๐Ÿ™‚

I certainly agree that I wouldn't want the steps that store inside the door. That just seems like a major PIA.

You are sort of correct that the RV moves/bounces with the Quadra steps. We can say the step moves or the entire RV moves. Either way there is bounce. Because the force of you stepping is not transferred to the ground. However with GSR's the weight is transferred directly to the ground eliminating the bounce.
The Quadra step adds the 4th step which makes the stairs less steep and easier to walk. The GSR takes it a step further and eliminates the bounce by transferring stepping impact to the ground

X3!
Installed the Quadra steps also, yes a little bounce when not supported. Same as whit I did with the step up inside reduced the rise between steps easier.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"