cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEADLIGHTS for NEWMAR Mountainaire 2003 gas

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at the headlights of my new to me MH which is a Newmar Mountain Air 2003 35ft gas engine and they are yellow and one is loose so want new ones. So does anyone know what headlights they put in this unit? I am to understand that they often use car headlights so am wondering what car headlight they use? IF not, can I just put in any headlight and just make a cover for it to fill the gap?
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
17 REPLIES 17

shepfly
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest using OE or an improved version thereof. You reflectors were not designed for LED bulbs so performance will most likely diminished. Dave

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Camper ron got your message and will try your suggestion, I need both so will try to find the driver's side as well. $26 a piece sounds good to me and then a friend or your mobile RV tech will be great to put them in. THANKS again.
I wonder if after getting the new headlights can we use LED bulbs instead of the ones usually used?
S and S Co-Travelers

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2003 Mountain Aire also. I had tracked down the headlight and that is correct. I never worried about the lights. In the 11 years we owned it we never drove at night and they were good enough as DRLs, I miss my MA.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
If your headlights have yellowed, use anything to get them clear again, then clear coat them using good clear coat paint. You will not get the yellowing again. Mine have lasted for 12 years so far.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased ours from Rock Auto. Just go on the site look at Mercury Marquis 2000-03. Ours were like $55 for the pair and at the time they had free shipping. Sure do make a BIG difference in the appearance once you put them in. Good Luck!
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
OldDoggy wrote:
Any idea as to a 2004 Hurricane 30Q replacement headlight????

Lincoln LS
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
OldDoggy wrote:
Just Another Old Doggy, Don

take a look at the headlight - there will be numbers on them. If you post the numbers, we can help you find what you are looking for.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

OldDoggy
Explorer
Explorer
Just Another Old Doggy, Don

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
Bought these on Amazon fit perfectly $26.19

TYC 20-5359-00 Mercury Grand Marquis Passenger Side Headlight Assembly

r0n......:)

Bruce_Brown
Agreed on new vs junkyard. New headlights have come down so much in price they just make sense.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
eadeal55 wrote:
There should be some letters and numbers at the bottom center of the headlight lens that should identify the model/year of vehicle that the manufacturer used.

Mine are TYC 20-5174. This crosses to a 2000 Cadillac Deville Driver Side Headlight Assembly. The other one is TYC 20-5173, which is the passenger side assembly. Each are about $86 on Amazon, but I can probably find them cheaper if I look around more.

I'm thinking about replacing my headlights, but I've still got a little bit of cleaner let in the bottle, so I'll scrub them again and get another 3-4 months out of them.

we did the same thing - found the numbers on the old lights and searched for them on Amazon. Found them there at a great price and just replaced them ourselves. Hardest part was reaiming the lights after installation.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
There should be some letters and numbers at the bottom center of the headlight lens that should identify the model/year of vehicle that the manufacturer used.

Mine are TYC 20-5174. This crosses to a 2000 Cadillac Deville Driver Side Headlight Assembly. The other one is TYC 20-5173, which is the passenger side assembly. Each are about $86 on Amazon, but I can probably find them cheaper if I look around more.

I'm thinking about replacing my headlights, but I've still got a little bit of cleaner let in the bottle, so I'll scrub them again and get another 3-4 months out of them.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Tderonne- YES like that!! So now will go to junk yards and see what I can find for headlights. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
S and S Co-Travelers

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
Like this?

1998 (+/-) Mercury Grand Marquis:
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y