Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maggie 10+ yr. old Peek a Poo about to start Bravecto

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all;

We did not go south last winter and our almost 11 yr. female Peek a Poo took no meds for ticks and fleas, i.e. since fall 2016 (Sept. approx.). To be on the safe side we are about to start her on Bravecto for small dogs.

Reasons being - reports of ticks, now being in South Quebec / Ontario, Canada areas. As we live near Ottawa - we felt although maybe low to moderate - best to take no chances.

What, if any side effects can we expect to notice? Thanks in advance
:@
BOSTON BLK
5 REPLIES 5

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cocker spaniel \ American Eskimo \ papillion mix, I checked online for reactions to Bravecto when I considered it for my dog cause none of the other topicals (frontline etc) worked..... I was horrified when I read of all the bad reactions and deaths of dogs and cats once given Bravecto. I now use Seresto collars ONLY and it really works for me and my wonderful dog
Proud father of a US Marine

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have an 11 lb Japanese Chin. She has never had any problem with any of the chewables. Because we travel full-time, different vets have their preferred brands so she has been on 2 or 3 different ones in the past 6 years. No problem with any of them.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Jimmy (mini Aussie-poo) is allergic to flea bites, so when we go to Florida (the Kingdom of Fleas) we give him Bravecto. I've seen no side effects and it works incredibly well. Sparing him from the hives, and scratching/biting himself raw, is worth the price $$ of a tablet.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

C_Ref
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 100 lb blue weimaraner and a 12 lb yorkiepoo. Both have been on Bravecto for close to two yrs now and no issues. Just give with food and keep a close eye on them at first.
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 304 class C, Ford E450

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
I think the most commonly reported side effect with any of the chewables is vomiting.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K