cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1966 Terry trailer weight

Danielle60798
Explorer
Explorer
I've found a local listing described as 1966 Terry Camp Trailer. 11 ft x 6.5 ft camping space 14' bumper to tongue. They don't know the weight on this thing and due to the age I can't find it online. Does anyone have an idea what this weighs? I'm needing something on the lighter side and naturally this would seem like it but it still needs to fit under 2000lbs dry for me to be able to tow to my camp site. Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
If ur ref. to the one on CL in Rathdrum it looks nice. In looking at the pics I think ur under 2K. Box is only 11 feet. No AC, small fridge, small oven cuts down on weight. I had a 68' Monitor Single Axle and towed it all over the place.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

Danielle60798
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'll make sure to check out that board.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Tough question, in 1966 we were driving 440 cu.in behemoths pulling 14 footers; weight was not much of an issue.

Unless someone on the board remembers, I would Google "Vintage Trailer Talk".

Those folk specialize in vintage TTs.

Sorry I could not be of much help.

Good Luck.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Not likely thst it will fit into your criteria. Think old, meaning 2X2 wood framing, and heavy materials used through out. It you need to stay under 2000 pounds think in terms of a small tent trailer.