cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Camping on the beach in Florida?

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
I know there's at least one campground where your RV is right on the beach in the sand....can anyone provide a name for the campground(s)?
Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to cancel a week at Bahia Honda in the Florida keys for May 19-26th 2018 tonight if anyone is interested. PM me and I will set up a time with you. Great site, it site #21 Waterfront. We had plans that I had forgotten about

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Twain wrote:
juice0000 wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Red Coconut is very tight. Some campers have had issues putting their slides out.

Reviews

Thanks for pointing that out. I hate being packed in like sardines.

To be right on the beach, you will not have privacy. Ain't gonna happen in Florida. Now if you can settle for being close to the beach, your options open up greatly.

We just got home from Jetty Park. Nice beach really close and watching the cruise ships leave in the evenings was cool. Big parking lot/dry camping with loud parties just over the fence on the north side. The campsite we had had it's sewer connection on the street side of our trailer and the water connection in the neighbor's campsite out back. Other sites have "no" parking room for your TV. There's a boat ramp just over a fence as well. Our neighbor parked his boat on "our" site 2' from our bedroom window without permission late at night and loaded up in the morning before sun up to go fishing. The noise woke us several times. I parked our truck in our site between our trailer and shore power to prevent him from parking his boat in our site when he returned. He was not happy that I had the nerve to park our truck on our site where he thought he was entitled to park his boat. The nerve of some people. We'll go there again some day for the beach but it will be with the knowledge that the sites are the pits and the need to fill your site with your equipment to prevent rude people from filling it for you. I like the hip hop music over the fence so not a problem. If you don't, bring earplugs.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
juice0000 wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Red Coconut is very tight. Some campers have had issues putting their slides out.

Reviews

To be right on the beach, you will not have privacy. Ain't gonna happen in Florida. Now if you can settle for being close to the beach, your options open up greatly.
Early 1999 F-350 7.3 DRW CC, 4.10
2016 Open Range Light FL295FBH
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
juice0000 wrote:
cyntdon2010 wrote:
Camp Gulf, Destin fl

Thank you! That is the one I was trying to find. But oh, the prices!

Stayed there several times in our first popup in 1971. It was called Holiday Inn Campground. The price was outrageous back then too. I believe beachfront sites were $12/night.

The place was isolated. There was one roach motel about a mile west and Destin was the next developed area with one grocery store and a few fishing boat rentals. No condos.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Shired Island Campground about 25 miles SW of Cross City FL on very good pave roads. It's small and is true camping right on the sand beach on the Gulf. Has a long very nice fishing pier out into the Gulf for fishing or the great sunsets or just exploring or bench sitting watching the world go by. Not fancy at all but very unique. Has very simple flush Bathrooms and electric at the site but no fresh water for RV tanks so bring your own with you.

We were there again about 2-1/2 months ago for a beach visit before we headed back north as usual so we know what is there presently. Not expensive at all and county owned. It's between Horseshoe Beach and Suwannee small towns. The mouth of the very long wide Suwannee River is at the little town of Suwannee, FL.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Narravra beach, Sanabel island (spelling incorrect but close)

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
juice0000 wrote:
I know there's at least one campground where your RV is right on the beach in the sand....can anyone provide a name for the campground(s)?
Thanks

East coast of Florida >> Beverly Beach Campground in Palm Coast
West Coast of Florida >> Red Cocunuts in North Ft Myers
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

gjcummings
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Clinch in Fernandina Beach. Check it out online and via google earth or google maps

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
You can't get much closer than these sites, easy walk to the beach. You can hear the waves from your site most nights. T H Stone Memorial Saint Joseph

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you find a good one near the beach. I sure wouldn't camp on the beach...just my thoughts. Weight...etc.
Mark

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle Beach RV park and Coral Sands are both on the beach
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Or go on the facebook page for Florida RV Camping.
The same question comes up there regularly.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Jetty Park. Nice beach (although the campground is not ON the beach), cruise ships going by all the time, and if you time it right (we didn't) a rocket launch. The NASA rocket museum is close by and there are several restaurants on the harbor wall.

There are 2 sections. The eastern end has more shade and is closer to the beach.

Edit: Went looking through my pix for a pic of the beach but all I had was cruise ships.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:

Reviews