cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress Storage?

confusedsoul
Explorer
Explorer
Have 2003 Jayco 23B and are looking at replacing the queen mattress. For the people that have switched to memory foam mattresses how easy do they store when not in use? Do they still fit where the old mattress did?
11 REPLIES 11

confusedsoul
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a 3" 'Premium' Foam Topper along with a 3" Gel Memory Foam Topper. I hope with the two combined it will be more comfortable and easier to store.

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
confusedsoul wrote:
Have 2003 Jayco 23B and are looking at replacing the queen mattress. For the people that have switched to memory foam mattresses how easy do they store when not in use? Do they still fit where the old mattress did?

I'd grab a ruler and measure clearance to see how much space you have to work with.

We replaced our mattresses with Aero Beds. SO much easier to open and close the bunks without the weight of the mattresses on them.

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
When I got my HTT it did not have any mattress so we got some Coleman inflatable and put some quilts on them and away we go. Deflate while traveling and inflate when we get where ever. lighter too!

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't switched to memory foam complete mattresses, but we do have a 3" memory foam topper. We just roll it up and squish it into a bag after the end of trip. DURING a long road trip, we just pull the mattress (with topper) into the middle over the dining table and then push it back out (to save time).

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Thankks, bikendan. I know about hybrids but not about memory foam.

hybrids don't have "RV beds", they have bunk doors that the mattresses lay on and that have to be able to fold in half.
A memory foam mattress doesn't fold in half. A foam topper might.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thankks, bikendan. I know about hybrids but not about memory foam.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"For the people that have switched to memory foam mattresses how easy do they store when not in use?"

Why would you store your RV mattress other than on the RV's bed?

This thread you posted in, is in the Hybrid forum.

If you were familiar with what a hybrid TT is, you wouldn't have posted your answer.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
My small hybrid had two queen beds that ABSOLUTELY require the mattresses to be folded in half to be stored. I do not see how a standard memory foam mattress would ever work.

We used a pillow topper to cover ours that worked pretty well. On the plus side it could be rolled up and easily stored.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"For the people that have switched to memory foam mattresses how easy do they store when not in use?"

Because it's a hybrid where the beds fold. The mattresses have creases to fold. Standard non rv mattresses don't tend to fold well and may not be able to stay in the bed ends when closed up.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
I store mine in the TT right where it always sits, on the bed platform. Where do you store yours?
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.