cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1993 Foretravel Grand Villa 36' tow rating / gcwr?

Cowpig
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, new to this forum - I'm looking at the topic class A '93 FT GV 36'.

I'm trying to find the 'real' rating for max tow on this vehicle - I've found the beamalarm site with the factory specs, but if those are to be believed this rig can only tow around 2-2500 lbs (GVWR/GCWR). I've also found other forum posts where people say that FT lists the GVWR over what it really is ... so that leads to the question - anyone know what they can really tow? Short of putting it on a truck scale to get the actual rolling weight I can't decide if this would tow a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel or not

anyway, thanks for any assistance - hope to join the RV world as soon as possible!
2 REPLIES 2

Cowpig
Explorer
Explorer
thanks, I sent the vin to Foretravel asking for the build sheet on this rig but they said they 'don't get involved in private sales'. I had read on other forums that FT was good about providing info (nothing beyond point of sale/ownership ... just what rolled off the assembly line) but I guess not.

I think as much as I love the style of these old GV's, I may look for something with a larger diesel/newer class a that can handle a ~5k lb toad

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Foretravels are heavy. So you really really need to scale it ready to travel. 2000 pounds sounds about right though.
BTW you could always call the factory with the VIN number and ask them if they have any thoughts.