Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great time to be in Colorado

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Aspen Snow Cam

White mountains and Blue skies, hard to beat!

Just loved the shot and had to share.

:B
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach
18 REPLIES 18

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Floridafrances wrote:
Beautiful.

All this late snow makes me glad we pushed our trip to late July instead of June.
We still can and do get snow in late July... 'prolly not enough to accumulate long term, but don't be surprised (especially this year) if you have "Christmas in July." ๐Ÿ™‚

I got in a few hours ago from spending a few days with the siblings and visiting my Father's grave at Fort Logan and there is still some snow yet to melt in my yard.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
Aspen Snow Cam

White mountains and Blue skies, hard to beat!

Just loved the shot and had to share.

:B

Heard a Rumor that Aspen opened for Memorial Day - First time in 70 years.

Great to be in Colorado - Kids went to Florida left us with the Granddaughters - Hard to Beat.

Did Brainard Lake with Snow and will do Golden with Clear Creek Running tomorrow.

Hard to beat Colorado - all Year long.

One Mans Opinion,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful.

All this late snow makes me glad we pushed our trip to late July instead of June.
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
After spending my adult life in WI, MN and CO I was happy to get to AZ in 2003. I LOVE CO but do not miss the winters with snow anyplace any more!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
As those on the front range always say, "Yep, we need the moisture!"

I've yet to have any of them come up to clear my drive and take it back down with them!
One word: Craigslist :W

Just got back from a quick trip to our cabin in the Wet Mountains SW of Pueblo. Monday night, it was snowing as hard as I've seen in decades and I go skiing a lot (104 times last winter). At one point, I looked down at the speedometer and I was doing 17 MPH on a 45 MPH road! Just couldn't see much past the hood. By Wednesday, I was mowing the "yard".
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Coming up on twenty years here. Three words that are now part of my vocabulary: "South facing driveway." ๐Ÿ™‚

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
Aspen Mountain is reopening for skiing on Memorial Day weekend for the first time in their 70-year history because more than 2 ft. of fresh powder has fallen this week.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado is the most beautiful state in the nation IMHO. And we have been nearly all of them at on time or another. We lived in Estes Park 8 years.

Now love living in AZ but will be back up to CO for 58 days this mid July to mid Sept again and will treasure it.

But we do NOT go back in the winter!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
RedRocket204 wrote:
Summer last weekend with winter having returned yesterday/today. Hoping for summer by Sunday.

I remember what an old miner from Climax told me once: "I'm gonna go camping this summer, if it falls on a weekend!"
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know about the my fellow Coloradoans but I am already over the snow. I am used to the Spring snows occuring in April. It is dumping out now as I type.

It feels like the middle of winter with all this snow but yet it is still snowing with daylight here at 8 in the evening! With that much light with all the snow it seemed almost as if it were 3 in the afternoon of a January day.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Summer last weekend with winter having returned yesterday/today. Hoping for summer by Sunday.
I love me some land yachting

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will find out next weekend if Trail Ridge Road will open on time...as well as the Big Thompson Canyon. Lot of snow to melt off this coming week.

Tree damage in this area of northern Colorado was pretty significant, but probably not as bad as it could be.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
As those on the front range always say, "Yep, we need the moisture!"

I've yet to have any of them come up to clear my drive and take it back down with them!

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
I've been here 54 years, but also lived in California, Texas, and Virginia, been stationed in North Carolina and Alaska, and worked in every state west of the Mississippi and quite a few to the east. I wouldn't trade any of them for Colorado!
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel