Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with toilet spraying water on wall when flushing

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,

I am trying to fix a problem we have developed in the new to us 2008 Teton 5th wheel trailer.

We have the Dometic Concerto 4410 electric flush toilet with optional sprayer. When we flush the toilet there is water spraying from the rear of the toilet onto the back wall of the bathroom. Also when we try to use the optional sprayer there is no water that comes out of the sprayer. I have been looking thru the owner's manual and come to conclude that I may need to replace the vacuum breaker. Does that sound like a reasonable solution to the problem?

But when I try to find the correct part to order I can't tell if I am looking at the correct item....seems they keep changing the parts numbers??? I tried calling Dometic but they route my call to a parts warehouse who says tell them the part I want and they will ship it. But I don't know the correct part to tell them???

I was also trying to find a you tube video to help show how to change out the part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
2000 American Coach 45' Heritage
20 REPLIES 20

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Do you guys realize this post is 4 years old? I’m pretty sure he ain’t still trying to find a part.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bad vacuum breaker.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MustangRacer_35
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue and solved it with Ace Hardware part number 40084. It's a shower flow control, just turn off your supply line after having no water pressure. Then turn on the flow control unit and attach the supply line to the flow control. Then press down on the pedal and turn the adjustment to desired flow. problem solved for about $10

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
It happen to me on the road.I can't use the toilet for 3 days until the parts come.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear! Do they make vacuum breakers for cats?

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Hey I just wanted to let those who were involved know that I did get the vacuum breaker replaced today....it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

Phil

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Vacuum breaker......
Just a hole in top that seals off when you operate flush (water valve opens)
Then after flush (water valve closed) the seal drops down as the water in vacuum breaker chamber drains into bowl. Open hole allows air in...so chamber drains providing the water to cover bowl seal.

Sprayer is just like kitchen sink sprayer.....only has pressure when water is 'on' (kitchen faucet on/toilet water valve open)

Sprayers are NOT intended to have full line pressure at all times----they'll leak

To remove:
Turn water off
Disconnect 'flex' hose down at water valve assembly
Then PULL vacuum breaker assembly out of back of toilet (new toilet grommet comes in kit)

Thanks!....I will see if I can get the correct kit purchased next week and get the problem resolved.

Phil

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vacuum breaker......
Just a hole in top that seals off when you operate flush (water valve opens)
Then after flush (water valve closed) the seal drops down as the water in vacuum breaker chamber drains into bowl. Open hole allows air in...so chamber drains providing the water to cover bowl seal.

Sprayer is just like kitchen sink sprayer.....only has pressure when water is 'on' (kitchen faucet on/toilet water valve open)

Sprayers are NOT intended to have full line pressure at all times----they'll leak

To remove:
Turn water off
Disconnect 'flex' hose down at water valve assembly
Then PULL vacuum breaker assembly out of back of toilet (new toilet grommet comes in kit)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
May consider replacing the whole toilet.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Old Biscuit...I found that same parts list sheet yesterday after Dometic and all the RV parts stores were closed so I couldn't call anyone to discuss the availability of the part. Looks like it is a revised parts list from the original literature that came with the trailer with a new part number.

As for the sprayer, you may have just fixed it by telling me that it is only pressurized when flushing the toilet 🙂 ....I didn't realize that was the way it was suppose to function. I just assumed there was water pressure on the sprayer at all times.

I can flush the toilet and hold the sprayer handle down and I get water thru the sprayer just fine while the toilet is flushing. But at the same time the water is still spraying out from the vacuum breaker.

So, if I can just learn how to remove the vacuum breaker I was thinking I might try soaking it in some lime-away to see if it is just plugged up???.... Until I can get a new one ordered.

Thanks so much for the tips!

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
We have same problem, but wife says only fix is to remove a certain 79 year old man from the rig!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Concerto 4410 Parts List

#23-----get the kit for sprayer

AS to why sprayer doesn't work??
Sprayer is only pressurized WHEN flushing toilet.

Have you unscrew sprayer from hose and check if water comes out hose when you flush toilet?
Have you checked that sprayer head even will pass water?
Have you removed hose from vacuum breaker and checked if stub where hose clamps on is even open?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Does sound like vacuum breaker, easy fix if you can find part
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
I can put my hand on the vacuum breaker and flush the toilet and water comes spraying out from the vacuum breaker....that's why I am pretty sure it is the best place to start replacing parts. I don't get any leaks until I flush the toilet.

But I am having a difficult time finding the proper part number to order. Seems since the toilet is in a trailer that is 9 years old I can't get any RV dealer to help find the part number.

I'm just hoping there is someone out there who might have the same model toilet and knows of a place to find parts.

Thanks