cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oil filler Cap

sempka
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the 2000 Holiday Rambler Admiral is supposed to have an oil filler cap. If it does where can I get one. The local Ford dealer ordered a cap using the VIN, but the cap won't fit and it looks like HR put on an extension.
2000 Holiday Rambler Admiral
5 REPLIES 5

sempka
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll try these suggestions.

sempka
Explorer
Explorer
John Wayne wrote:
It would help if we knew what make and year your rig was Ford, Workhorse, GM, Freightliner, etc.

It is a 2000 Ford F53 chassis with a Triton V10 motor. The plug that the Ford dealer didn't fit. He used the VIN to order a plug.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What drewE said, or if you can't find one, hardware store will have something to secure over it. Thinking rubber pipe cap with hose clamp or expandable pipe plug.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
It would help if we knew what make and year your rig was Ford, Workhorse, GM, Freightliner, etc.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think there's been a vehicle made that had an oil fill without a cap, at least in my lifetime. It should be pretty evident from the fill tube whether there's some sort of threading or bayonet fitting prongs or whatever to secure a cap to it.

Your best bet might be to drive it to a decently stocked auto parts store and ask them to find an appropriate one to fit (or let you try out various ones to find one). You could also try calling Holiday Rambler and asking them for information.