cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heavy Duty Parts for Water Maintenance?

bdwilly
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if they make a heavy duty version of the Dometic 385314349 Water Valve Assembly? I have had two fail in three months. The water pressure is regulated, and I get the allotted dribble out of the sinks and shower, so I am confident it isn't too much pressure. While I am on the subject, when did the manufacturers start using PEX? I would like to change mine out if it isn't PEX which should allow better water pressure provided I can get a better Water Valve Assembly for the toilet.
3 REPLIES 3

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Dirt and grit and minerals, in the water, all give the problem you cite.
Clean tank and lines and install a good filter system.
Ours is now 13 years old and replaced one water pump due to bad switch.
Plastic valves don't corrode.
In my well house, at home, the plastic ball valve pre filter got bit, of something in it and would not full close. It was inbeded into the plastic. Had to replace it of course. a real pain.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't see why a toilet valve would fail so frequently? However, last season the valve on our Thetford toilet started to leak when the pressure in a CG we were at dropped to around 10 psi. Luckily we were there to notice the toilet bowl filling up all by itself. Replaced the valve a month ago and have not tested it yet to see if low pressure will still cause it to leak. Could your problem be similar as a result of low pressure and not a faulty valve?

PEX has been around for a number of years now in RVs, but not sure when they stopped installing Quest piping and fittings.

A few things can cause reduced water pressure such as a plugged city water inlet or plugged water filter (if any), kinked PEX, sediment in the water (if not using a filter) causing valves to plug up, a bad hose or a plugged inline pressure regulator. The inline regulators have a very small dia. hole inside which can easily plug up if there is sediment in the supply water. Filter screens on the outlets of faucets can plug up from sediment or calcium and may need cleaning. What is your source water quality like?

A good mod. is installing a pressure gauge inside so you will know exactly what your pressure is inside. CG water pressure can vary from almost nothing to up to near 200 psi in some cases. A decent regulator like a Watts 263A is a good upgrade and can be rebuilt. Can be used outside or permanently mounted inside.

If you're talking about using the FW tank and pump, they can plug up or fail or the filter screen could need cleaning.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is your tubing red, white, opaque or blue? If so, it's Pex.
If it's grey then it's Qest. but Pex wont give you any better water pressure.