cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry door pull-down shade sticking.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Just had to fix my pull-down shade on the entry door window on my 2015 Winnie Class A. It was sticking and not retracting properly. I found you will need to remove the shade as, without turning it upside down, you cannot get oil where it needs to be. I ended up taking mine apart. Once I did that, I realized it was not necessary. The blind is pretty simple. A tube that rotates around an axle that has a spring attached that winds and unwinds with the shade. Once apart, it was obvious there was no lubrication at all on the spring or bearing of the axle. Apart, I was able to oil the spring and axle bearing. Re-assembling required me to insert the shade into the housing almost all the way, leaving the end cap just far enough away so I could wind it up a little to get proper tension on the spring (doesn't need much). Had I known how it was all made, I would have just dripped some 3-in-one oil onto the axle at the bearing while holding the shade at an angle for the oil to run inside on the shaft and also lube the spring. Hope this saves someone else from the unnecessary trouble of taking it apart!
1 REPLY 1

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the good info. Sometimes we just have to take the hard way???
BTW, do you work by the job or by the hour? ?