cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto & RV insurance coverage

Red_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
On our summer trip, we will be camping in Banff for several days before driving down to Washington & Oregon. Will check with our Nationwide insurance on Monday; but wanted to ask in the meantime if your insurance covers you when traveling Canada or Mexico. Appreciate your answers.
6 REPLIES 6

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
My Statefarm agent emails me an Insurance Policy that specifically showed coveragw for Canada. Did that last year. Just got a new email for next month's trip to Vancouver, BC.

Ask your insurance agent.

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Customs agents at the border will never ask about insurance as its not under their jurisdiction. However if you get into an accident the police will need proof of insurance.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Ours insurance company sent us a special insurance card to use for our travels in Canada. We already had the coverage but the proof from the insurance company was free. We were never asked to produce it at any border crossing.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

dbob62180
Explorer
Explorer
Red Eagle wrote:
On our summer trip, we will be camping in Banff for several days before driving down to Washington & Oregon. Will check with our Nationwide insurance on Monday; but wanted to ask in the meantime if your insurance covers you when traveling Canada or Mexico. Appreciate your answers.

We are insured in South Dakota with Nationwide (Allied). We are headed to Canada for the summer. According to our agent, we are covered but need to carry proof of insurance coverage for Canada. She emailed the card to me, we printed it and we are good to go. If you are hikers, take the Tea House hike at Lake Louise in Banff. One of our all time favorite hikes!! Safe travels-

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ask your insurance agent, not us! Have him/her point out the clause on your policy. Read it. There's more regarding Mexico but start with your agent....showing you on your policy. The key isn't only whether you are covered but also whether your coverage is recognized.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our State Farm policy took care of us with no problem in Canada.

I believe Canada requires you to have a statement from your carrier that they're covering you in Canada. We had ours with us, but I haven't heard of anyone actually being asked for it at the border.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.