This Is What UBA Signs Are Going To Look Like

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
7 REPLIES 7

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Last month I asked a chofer de pipa (tanker truck driver) in Toluca about UBA Diesel. He looked at me like I was insane. "I am very sorry but at the expendios de distribution there are no special tomas (filler pipe) for more than one type of diesel". Makes for thought provoking musing.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have a list from Pemex of 3200 stations pumping ULSD as of last March. It is available for download on THIS SITE along with a link to a webpage to figure out where they are located

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Pemex forbids additional signage for diesel. Either it's UBA on the vertical tower sign or it's fraud. Ask a question about the fuel and they will say "Yes" so as to not displease you.

Different note: Mexico has ramped down production of Magna at key refineries and is importing a lot more regular gasoline from the USA. All of the border states except those with refineries are virtually Mexican-refined -regular-"free". USA refined regular grade gasoline is superior to refined in Mexico regular. Sad but true. Premium grade red pump continues to be 100% refined in USA throughout the republic. The port of Salina Cruz, distributes imported Premium gasoline for coastal Oaxaca and Chiapas. Rumors of dilution with Magna or even substitution are too pervasive to be discounted in Chiapas, and some parts of Oaxaca state.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Very is muy in Spanish, Ultra is both Spanish and English for extreme.
muy rojo= very red
Ultra rojo = extremely red
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Ultima means last.

U ltra
B ajo
A zufre

Ultra used in conjuction with an adjective or verb meas "very"