cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furrion Rear View Camara

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
If you have one of these, what do you think of them? We just bought a new Roo 23IKSS and it has the wiring and hookups already installed, so I'm thinking of purchasing one.

Sure would stop a lot of arguments at home parking the Roo!
2 REPLIES 2

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Two questions; does the wireless connection really work long term? and does the resistance to vibration last long term?

I installed a Tadi Bros wireless about 12 yrs ago and had to convert it to wired. Also, it was very sensitive to vibration and finally failed totally after about 3 yrs. I replaced the camera and it worked fairly well for 2 -3 yrs, then failed totally.

I loved being able to see behind the 5th wheel going down the road, but need some convincing that it will last. Vibration seems to be a really big killer for these things.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Furrion makes two versions of their RV camera - one that is only a backup camera and one that is designed for always-on rear monitor applications (higher resolution and sample rates). We have the full-time monitor version on the back of a 36' fifth wheel (monitor in cab of a long bed CC DRW truck) and it works well for us. My wife is still behind me with a two-way radio backing into any type of tight situation, though. The monitor is handy for knowing exactly when to pull back over after passing 18-wheelers on mountain passes.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015