cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dura therm comfort control thermostat

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
can somsome tell me what the zones mean & how I can switch between the zones. it will not change from zone 1 no matter what I do. also when I turn it on the front ac blows good but the back ac seems to struggle then agmfter a few minutes it throws the breaker.
any suggestions. the back ac blows barely
31 REPLIES 31

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
thanks Doug I will look into that when I get a little extra money. I know u told me how much they are but do u know where I find them? or what they are called to do a search?

final is this what you do for a living or side business? I am looking for someone I can take it to that can help me fix up the last few things in the rebuild. & also go thru the gas & electrical side of it. & someone that can look at the generator for me. I don't mind paying but not people around me that do it

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
B.B.Upch wrote:
I tried to fix the blue plug on the cp board but still just getting the 2 zones that pop up. I have 2 units. zone 1 works the front A/C unit & then u press it & it goes to zone 3 (actually says zone 3) & both units come on....

so my question is... is there a way to get just the bedroom (rear) A/c unit to blow without the front & if not can I run both A/c units on a 30 amp 110 breaker if nothing else is going?
thanks

ON the Board are DIP switches. IF it states Zone 3 that means the Zone 3 DIP is ON. Turn it OFF and turn the Zone 2 DIP ON.
The SIMPLE answer is NO, you cannot run 2 AC units on 30 amp. Yes, you turn Zone 1 OFF and then run Zone 2(bedroom). You really need to replace BOTH upper AC boards and the wall tstat with the 5 button control system. You are just wasting your time trying to get it fixed. IF it was MY RV, That is what I would do. Doug

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to fix the blue plug on the cp board but still just getting the 2 zones that pop up. I have 2 units. zone 1 works the front A/C unit & then u press it & it goes to zone 3 (actually says zone 3) & both units come on....

so my question is... is there a way to get just the bedroom (rear) A/c unit to blow without the front & if not can I run both A/c units on a 30 amp 110 breaker if nothing else is going?
thanks

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 unites but it shows 3 zones on my tstat. I think I found the issue. I pulled the cover off my rear ac unit & there Is the blue clip that has pulled the prongs thru the Cp board. any clue how to fix that?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Zones are for just each AC unit. IF you have 2 AC units you will only have Zone 1 and Zone 2. How many AC units do you have? Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you check the phone cable that goes from the front AC to the Rear AC. They do go bad as having corrosion on the phone connectors. Doug list the way it should work on his May 26 post. Can't help you with a repair place in Dallas.

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anyone around the Waco or Dallas areas that could help me with this RV? I did everything you said Doug & got it working fairly well but it still goes from zone 1 (front air only) to zone 3 (both a/c units). I can't get it to go to zone 2 which I guess would be (rear air only).
I'm also needin someone to take a look at this generator & someone to just check out the gas (lp gas worries me) toake sure no leaks & everything works. & the electrical. the lights on my slide out do not work. thanks aging for all the help

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
The guy that will repair the four button thermostat is

Frerichs Electronics LLC Price $122.00

Hope this helps. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay, For a temp fix you can unplug your unit and take the thermostat off the wall. Turn it over and there are some contacts on it that you can clean with a good pencil eraser. That will give you a temp fix. Be very careful not to lose the little springs that you will have to work with.
I will try to find the info on a guy that will repair them. I have it somewhere and will get back on if I find it. Good luck. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Zone 1 is front AC
Zone 2 is middle AC
Zone 3 is rear bedroom AC
HOW many AC units do you have?
If the wall tstat does NOT show Zone 2 and you have only 2 AC units, either the rear AC is set to Zone 3 instead of Zone 2 or your Dometic system is corroded or has a cable problem.
ALL a reset does on the Dometic CCC system is to communicate with all the AC control boards and verify what each board is set too. Doug

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
so after switching zones it still goes from 1 to 3 without ever showing a zone 2 now...
in zone 1 the air blows cold & in zone 3 the air just blows like it is in fan mode.

do I need to reset my tstat or what?

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
READ the manual that Doug post the link for and do a reset on the stat. Have both units off and power to the system. My #3 is my heater. Also if you have ducted system (on mine, you think both units are running if on low but they are not. On high you know they both are on.)

My next question is this RV new to you or have the AC's always done this or just started.

When they rebuild these old stat, they just resolder the connectors and some do install new touch pad under the switches.

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
my other problem is that it doesn't matter if I run it on zone 1 or zone 3. both units still blow. is this normal?

B_B_Upch
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks guys I will look into that.
it now switches but only between zone 1 & zone 3?
can u tell me what each zone means & maybe why I'm not getting zone 2 anymore