cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any satellite guru's out here? Dish-Wally-Pathway X2

I received my Dish Pathway X2 and 2 Wally's yesterday... So far I have over 5 hours clocked on the phone with Tech support with no Luck.
I am able to get the channels, but the Wally's do not want to complete the download cycle? So everytime I shut off the Wally, they are back to the begining. It is frustrating, and so far nobody at tech support has resolved the issue.. They get stuck on the " Downloading Wally Software" screen...
I can keep them like that, but it is not the proper way to operate...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
22 REPLIES 22

iagary
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

richheck
Explorer
Explorer
iagary wrote:
Kicking this back up - richheck, I would like to know what wireless HDMI you are using too. Thanks.

iogear wireless 3D digital kit with full HD 1080p and 5.1 channel digital audio GW3DhDKIT from Amazon, presently $189.99 prime

So far has worked flawlessly

Rich

They also make a pricier model (GWHDMS52) that had multiple (5) inlets allowing DVD players, etc
2013 Ford F-350 4WD DWD 6.7PSD
2010 Jeep Wrangler
2017 Landmark 365 Arlington

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
RonaldNC wrote:
I may be way off base, but my X2 says it can only be used with Solo receivers (211, 411, etc.). Have they changed it to be compatible with Wally receivers?

Ron

The Wally is the newest receiver in the VIP series...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

iagary
Explorer
Explorer
Kicking this back up - richheck, I would like to know what wireless HDMI you are using too. Thanks.

richheck wrote:
RonaldNC wrote:
richheck wrote:
RonaldNC wrote:
I may be way off base, but my X2 says it can only be used with Solo receivers (211, 411, etc.). Have they changed it to be compatible with Wally receivers?

Ron

Yes Rod, the Wally is compatible with both the X2 and King Tailgaters. I have used mine with both

Interesting... what is the advantage of the Wally over the VIP211Z?

Ron

First is size, Wally is much smaller footprint to fit in cabinets easier, second is UHF remote, cabinet doors can be closed with no loss of receiving commands from remote, third is updated hardware and new style remote. Just a few that I have been impressed with.

I have two Wallys in my coach, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I also have an additional TV outside that I use a wireless HDMI connected to the living room set, allowing me to watch HD on the outside set. I ordered an additional remote for the outside set so I can change channels while outside utilizing the UHF feature of this remote - no line of site necessary.

The Wallys are also capable of utilizing the external hard drives allowing program recordings on each, I had to pay a onetime $40.00 to activate this option, unlimited number of set are allowed. I never was happy with the 211z's, I had 211K's before upgrading to the Wallys in the coach, still use the 211k's in the stick and brick and shops.. the K's had both coax and HDMI outlets so I could run two sets at once on the old coach, trouble was the coax didn't give you HD.

What type of wireless HDMI ? How well does it work? I am wanting to do the same thing..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

richheck
Explorer
Explorer
RonaldNC wrote:
richheck wrote:
RonaldNC wrote:

Ron

Yes Rod, the Wally is compatible with both the X2 and King Tailgaters. I have used mine with both

Ron

First is size, Wally is much smaller footprint to fit in cabinets easier, second is UHF remote, cabinet doors can be closed with no loss of receiving commands from remote, third is updated hardware and new style remote. Just a few that I have been impressed with.

I have two Wallys in my coach, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I also have an additional TV outside that I use a wireless HDMI connected to the living room set, allowing me to watch HD on the outside set. I ordered an additional remote for the outside set so I can change channels while outside utilizing the UHF feature of this remote - no line of site necessary.

The Wallys are also capable of utilizing the external hard drives allowing program recordings on each, I had to pay a onetime $40.00 to activate this option, unlimited number of set are allowed. I never was happy with the 211z's, I had 211K's before upgrading to the Wallys in the coach, still use the 211k's in the stick and brick and shops.. the K's had both coax and HDMI outlets so I could run two sets at once on the old coach, trouble was the coax didn't give you HD.
2010 Jeep Wrangler

RonaldNC
Explorer
Explorer
richheck wrote:
RonaldNC wrote:

Ron

Ron
Ron Clanton
2009 Monaco Cayman 38PKQ
KE7NJ

OP here . . ** UPDATE **

I finally received a call from a technician that was in the Outdoor RV Tech Support department of Dish.. When she first called me, she promised I would be fixed.... close to 4 hours later, and all is FIXED ! !

She told me that every once in a while, a new receiver setup will require you to access the western arc satellites of 110/19/129 in order to complete the software update... It was BRUTAL ! ! I finally got my big rolling table out from the shed, ran extension cords, pulled the tv off the bedroom wall and hooked everything up in the driveway..

We kept going to different spots in the driveway until we got in a spot that we could access ALL 3 . . The sat finder we/I was using kept showing questionable on any 1 at a time.. She was persistent, And she also is an RV'r !

ALL my thanks go out to Karissa for her help !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

richheck
Explorer
Explorer
RonaldNC wrote:

Ron

2010 Jeep Wrangler

RonaldNC
Explorer
Explorer

Ron
Ron Clanton
2009 Monaco Cayman 38PKQ
KE7NJ

Bill.Satellite wrote:
You say you have not tried it my way. Are you interested in trying it my way? If not, you need to get to a Dish retailer and have them connect the receivers to an open face Dish antenna.

Bill, I did try it that way on Saturday.. No matter what I do I cannot get past the Download screen...

When I hit Skip Back/Recall/Skip Back, It exits the download and get TV.. But every time I turn the wally off, than back on, it goes back to the update screen.

Yesterday the folks at Dish told me that they thought this was a Winegard issue... While on Saturday, Winegard told me it was a Dish issue ???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

richheck
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
richheck wrote:
Last year when the Wallys first came out I purchased two. At that time I was instructed to connect each to a 1000.2 dish to allow the Wallies to download the updated software before trying to connect to my Pathway X2. After doing as instructed to get the software updated I had no problems connecting to the X2

Where would I find a 1000.2 dish ?

1000.2 or 1000.4 will work (West or East), also like already mentioned most dealers should be able to help you. I was fortunate that I have the 1000.2 for my stick and brick location.
2010 Jeep Wrangler

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You say you have not tried it my way. Are you interested in trying it my way? If not, you need to get to a Dish retailer and have them connect the receivers to an open face Dish antenna.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a DISH network authorized retailer in your area and take the Wallys to them for updating. They should do it for little or no charge.