cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boulder CO

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is having a class reunion next year in Boulder. I've searched but can't seem to find a RV park close to Boulder.

Any suggestions? We will be there for a number of days and would like to have water & elec, full hook ups would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Can't figure out how to put quote's into reply with a response.

But anyway thank you about golden

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
captbru wrote:
We have a few options to look at. Have awhile to look at each of these spots. Local input is always good to have. Leaning towards
Clear Creek in Golden.

Thanks for all the info

Golden Clear Creek Will be a great choice - Clear Creek - Community center - Library and the Town, all right at your fingertips.

Just take RT 93 on up to Boulder - easy in easy out - Really hard to beat - don't wait to long on your reservation as it fills up FAST.

Enjoy Golden, just a great spot,

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
captbru wrote:
We have a few options to look at. Have awhile to look at each of these spots. Local input is always good to have. Leaning towards
Clear Creek in Golden.

Thanks for all the info

Golden Clear Creek Will be a great choice - Clear Creek - Community center - Library and the Town, all right at your fingertips.

Just take RT 93 on up to Boulder - easy in easy out - Really hard to beat - don't wait to long on your reservation as it fills up FAST.

Enjoy Golden, just a great spot,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Clear Creek in Golden.

Thanks for all the info

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wind direction does make a difference at St Vrain. Loop choice makes an even bigger difference.

The water/power loop is much much better than the FHU loop. The FHU loop is like being out in a desert.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
We have used the Boulder county fairgrounds & St Vrain. Once St Vrain was discovered there was no going back to the fairgrounds even with the extra drive time getting to & from St Vrain.

St Vrain

MAP

Only issue I have with St Vrain is that I-25 is just TOO Close.

But it is a nice park when the wind blows.:B

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
States traveled in this Coach

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have used the Boulder county fairgrounds & St Vrain. Once St Vrain was discovered there was no going back to the fairgrounds even with the extra drive time getting to & from St Vrain.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busskipper wrote:
captbru wrote:
My wife is having a class reunion next year in Boulder. I've searched but can't seem to find a RV park close to Boulder.

Any suggestions? We will be there for a number of days and would like to have water & elec, full hook ups would be nice.

Look to Longmont, Boulder County Fairgrounds - they have electric - Dirt is too expensive in Boulder for RV's.

Boulder County Fairgrounds, Longmont, CO

Best of Luck,

Golden Clear Creek

Golden Gate Canyon, State Park

Jefferson County Fairgrounds

Possibly Nederland

Lyons City CG

That's all I have - Best of Luck,

^^^^^ This...What Bill said.

Probably your best bet for FHU would be Golden Clear Creek, in the town of Golden, which would be the closest to Boulder. The state parks (Golden Gate Canyon and St. Vrain) would provide you with electric and common/shared water as well as dump stations, but not FHU (correction - St Vrain has some FHU sites). There are USFS CG in the Nederland area, as well as north of there toward Estes Park. And of course there are several parks in Estes Park for FHU, if you want to go that far and pay somewhat of a premium price.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
St Vrain State Park in Longmont may be your best option. Full hookups, lots of space and nice view of the back range. You should book early because the park fills up, particularly on weekends. It is about 30 minutes from Boulder. Not much else in the immediate area.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
captbru wrote:

Look to Longmont, Boulder County Fairgrounds - they have electric - Dirt is too expensive in Boulder for RV's.

Boulder County Fairgrounds, Longmont, CO

Best of Luck,

Golden Clear Creek

Golden Gate Canyon, State Park

Jefferson County Fairgrounds

Possibly Nederland

Lyons City CG

That's all I have - Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04