cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun Shade for part of the side of RV when in storage, ideas?

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
I store my motor home in a carport with other RVs along side. Most of my motor home sides are protected from the sun by RV's parked on either side of me. However because the carports are set up diagonally, about 15 foot of the front on one side and about 15 feet of the back on the other side are exposed to the sun, as is the back of the motor home. The RV storage facility doesn't allow anything to be attached to the carport structure. So, I'm looking for ideas on how to cover and protect the exposed areas. I know about full covers, but don't want to go to that hassle. I use my motor home frequently, so need something that is somewhat easy. Any ideas? Thanks
Brian
5 REPLIES 5

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
I currently pay for indoor storage at $350 a month. Sometimes I do wonder if it's worth it. Every three years that's enough money for a complete full body custom paint job. But it is nice keeping it clean and not having to mess with covers.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to store mine indoors, but the cost is to much for my pocket book.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know this really doesn't help much for the OP problem, but just throwing out my theory here. I've seen problem after problem with RV's through the years about paint, leaks, fading, dry rot (paint/tires) etc. I really think the best investment one could make before buying an RV would be a FULL COVERED metal storage building to house it in. Your paint will stay new. Your tires will last longer. Your tire cover etc., will always look great. You won't get bird doo, debris, or sun damage on the roof & A/C unit. Also it won't form leaks. I really believe a coach like this could last many decades if not a lifetime.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Spray it with 303 Protectant.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Sunshield tarp
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)